E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

The dreaded P0174

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 06:03 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528I Stock
Default The dreaded P0174

I've seen several post on this issue. But haven't seen one resolved.(other than a vac leak)
Just bought this 2008 528I with 72k miles on it. Before test driving it.. they did have to jump the battery. Test drove this car for about a hour before buying. It drove great. But on the way home the check engine light came on.
Ran codes and came up with P0174 lean bank 2. Took it to a BMW indy that I was told knew these car in and out. He told me it probably had a vacuum leak. So he did a smoke test ...and found nothing. After checking it out further he found nothing. Call another shop and told him what I had going on. He said it probably needs a new intake manifold...because the intake runner valve is broke on the inside. Now.. at times it's slow to start. Almost like its not getting fuel. Other than that the car runs great with plenty of power. Sorry for the long post. But I'm trying to keep from having to take it to a Stealership.
Thanks for any help !
Old 11-25-2016, 06:24 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 528I Stock

Am I the only one that has had this code with out it being a vacuum leak
Old 11-28-2016, 05:45 AM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i xdrive
Model Year: 2010

My car is currently at the dealership with this code. They reprogrammed the DME, new HPFP, new boost/LP sensor and two smoke tests showing no leaks. Car had new BMW installed injectors recently installed, plus a walnut blast. Still no answer, but once it is fixed ill let you know.