E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

DPF Removal

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 08:09 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 06 530d Msport
Default DPF Removal

Gents

All day i've been trying to remove the DPF/CAT from my 06 530d msport. For some reason, i can't drop the dpf due to the steering rack and gearbox being too tight up against the dpf. I presume the dpf drops out from under the car not from above? Has any one removed one? How does it come out PLEASE.?
Stuart
Old 03-30-2013, 11:10 PM
New Members

Please guys. Surely with all the trouble the DPF causes, someone has removed one.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:40 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

https://5series.net/forums/e61-touri...3/#post1491139
Old 03-30-2013, 11:56 PM
New Members

Thanks for the reply. I also have that programme and have followed the steps but just can't seem to squeeze the DPF past the steering rack and gearbox.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:51 AM
New Members

Finally removed by jacking the engine just of the mounts and pushing the engine away from the DPF by 20mm. This enabled enough room to drop the DPF out. Why don't Haynes and TIS state this?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:41 AM
New Members

Gents

So far i've replaced my EGR stat, main stat, Oil cooler and stat (automatic), DPF pressure switch, removed the DPF and cleaned it with Carb cleaner and pressure washer (surprised how little soot came out compared to others i've seen on you tube), left to dry over night then finished off with a heat gun. Rebuilt it and took it for a drive. The car feels more responsive however 10 mins into drive - DPF failure warning came up again . The car seem to be regenerating, based on the description others have given on what the car should feel like when going through the cycle. What else is there I can do? I'm presuming the oygen sensor/temperature sensor would give a fault code if faulty however using Proscan, there doesn't appear to be any faults and the engine management light stays off. I've spent a few hundred quid and put over 20 hours into rectifying this fault but to no avail, could it be a faulty signal to the i-drive?
Please, Please help.
Stuart
Old 04-01-2013, 11:36 PM
New Members

My Ride: Sapphire black-stealth e60

Hi pal ive just found out my dpf is blocked nd im doin my hewotk now about was of sorting this nd crom wat i see is there a big pain in the arse lol i see ur from oldham. There is a place in heywood that replaces them for around £600-£700 with an aftermarket dpf which he recomended to me nd said it was better.im from the norden area btw hope u get it sorted soon if i find any info ill let u no
Old 04-02-2013, 08:21 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by E60murph
Hi pal ive just found out my dpf is blocked nd im doin my hewotk now about was of sorting this nd crom wat i see is there a big pain in the arse lol i see ur from oldham. There is a place in heywood that replaces them for around £600-£700 with an aftermarket dpf which he recomended to me nd said it was better.im from the norden area btw hope u get it sorted soon if i find any info ill let u no
Hi Mate

I'm not convinced mine is blocked as i was surprised how little soot came out when i cleaned it! Really doing my head in now. It doesn't go into limp mode, the turbo's still spool up nicely and the fuel economy is averaging 38mpg (80% motorway and 30% town) so i'm not convinced there's a fault with the actual DPF. Good luck with yours and keep me informed.
Stuart.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:37 AM
New Members

My Ride: Sapphire black-stealth e60

I no im havin no trouble comin from mine either (touch wood) just comes up thats its blocked when plugged in. At most i have a slight lag but ordered a sprint booster:-) i think im gonna get a friend 2 clean it out 4 me ill let u no how it goes hopefully will b job done. Is yours comin up on ur idrive??
Old 04-02-2013, 09:09 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by E60murph
I no im havin no trouble comin from mine either (touch wood) just comes up thats its blocked when plugged in. At most i have a slight lag but ordered a sprint booster:-) i think im gonna get a friend 2 clean it out 4 me ill let u no how it goes hopefully will b job done. Is yours comin up on ur idrive??
DPF failure comes up on the i-drive approx 10 mins of starting the car. When i plug the proscan in, it tells me there's no fault messages? Other than replace the temps sensors in the DPF i believe i've done everything else so not sure what to do now!

Quick Reply: DPF Removal