5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Door Ajar??? (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/door-ajar-1270/)

jmnieves 06-08-2004 10:28 AM

Isn't the E60 supposed to tell you that the door/hood/trunk is ajar?

My car doesn?t tell you any are open when they are.

kscarrol 06-08-2004 11:18 AM

it should. I actually had the opposite problem. With a whopping 25 miles on my car, I was driving doen the interstate when I got a warning message that my hood was open, which it wasn't. Pulled over, opened the trunk and slammed it shut again, problem solved and never happened again. So, in a long-winded answer, yes it should warn you.

spec33 06-08-2004 12:19 PM

The car will not give you a warning unless it is moving. Not sure what the speed is. Leave the door ajar and drive off, you will get a warning. I thought the same thing until I tried this.

jmnieves 06-08-2004 12:30 PM

I'll try this today, Thanks

BMW530 06-08-2004 01:16 PM

My passenger side door popped open for some unknown reason one time and the warning message come on. In fact the door opening happened on my E46 320i a few years back too. Not sure what caused the door to pop open both times though.

Rudy 06-08-2004 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Jun 8 2004, 03:18 PM
it should. I actually had the opposite problem. With a whopping 25 miles on my car, I was driving doen the interstate when I got a warning message that my hood was open, which it wasn't. Pulled over, opened the trunk and slammed it shut again, problem solved and never happened again. So, in a long-winded answer, yes it should warn you.

So opening and closing the trunk made the hood open message go away? Wild!

Ed520 06-08-2004 05:54 PM

i think this warning system sucks. it should warn when the car starts moving n not when it gets up to a certain speed. someone is going to smash into my door if it pops open

sg530 06-08-2004 06:49 PM

There is an unnerving delay between unbuckling a seatbelt (while moving) and the warning comming on. It seemed like 1 or 2 minutes. Also, I find it bit slow to respond to the key left in the ignition warning. The warning stays chiming a few seconds, even as I step out of the car, but the key is in my hand. Maybe the key talks to the car and it thinks it's still in the ignition switch when it is a foot or more away from it?
It's not that big a complaint because the warning is so nice a sound. The complaint I do have about this is that if the parking lights (angel eyes) are on, the lights on warning sounds the same as the key in ignition warning. They play simultaneously and to since only one warning can win, it just sounds the same key warning you hear every time you exit the car. Except for the little light picture warning, you don't know the lights are on.

Guest 06-08-2004 07:19 PM

once again Rudy proves that he never makes a mistake by responding with a smart ass remark. I of course meant the hood warning was corrected by slamming the hood! And you didn't even welcome me over from RF!

kscarrol 06-08-2004 07:21 PM

sorry, about that, failed to login above, but I'm sure Rudy will remind me of it.