E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Does anyone have problems with comfort access operation?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

did u also check the battery inside the key?

OT, I LOVE UR E30 M3!!!! Got more pix?
Old 10-30-2010, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by BW535xiT
I will check the owners manual for HD disable info.

The CA problem was going on before I had my windows tinted. I have had the car since April 2010 and My windows were just tinted in Sept 2010. There has been no change in CA operation or range.

PM me with a link to pictures of your M3, dude. Are you a member of the E30 M3 SIG?
My M3 has been sitting for some years now...waiting for me to have more time to play with it. I was a member of the E30 SIG way back in 1989 when Donna Spinelli ran it but I'm not currently an active member. All of the pics of my car are not digital but since it's 100% stock, just picture a white one and that's what I have!

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
did u also check the battery inside the key?

OT, I LOVE UR E30 M3!!!! Got more pix?
In the first post, he said he changed the batteries in the key fobs. Also, in another one of his posts above, he said more pics of his M3 could be found at http://www.bayareamotorsport.com Just look on the right side and click on "My E30 M3"...
Old 10-30-2010, 12:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E61 535xiT Black on Black

Originally Posted by Rudy
My M3 has been sitting for some years now...waiting for me to have more time to play with it. I was a member of the E30 SIG way back in 1989 when Donna Spinelli ran it but I'm not currently an active member. All of the pics of my car are not digital but since it's 100% stock, just picture a white one and that's what I have!

In the first post, he said he changed the batteries in the key fobs. Also, in another one of his posts above, he said more pics of his M3 could be found at http://www.bayareamotorsport.com Just look on the right side and click on "My E30 M3"...
My M3 has been in storage with my dad since 2003 because I have been traveling the freaking Globe since then. At least he drives it once a month to keep things working properly. I am fairly stable now, but I still travel a lot. I need to get a house with a 3-car garage before I'll bring my M3 to VA. That or find a really friendly person who will rent me one of their garage bays Commercial storage is just too high at around $400 per month.

I haven't touched Bayareamotorsport.com in years. The site sorely in need of an update, but the car is still identical to the pictures. I am going to swap the tan interior out for black one of these days. I have a set of ultra-rare OEM interior panels and leather-wrapped consoles still in the box that I can't wait to install. It's a love affair alright.

There is something to be said for a 21 year old high performance car with very little in the way of on board computer gadgets to break! I honestly don't believe many of today's cars will have that kind of shelf life because they will just be too expensive to maintain.
Old 10-30-2010, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

My M3 has been in storage with my dad since 2003 because I have been traveling the freaking Globe since then. At least he drives it once a month to keep things working properly. I am fairly stable now, but I still travel a lot. I need to get a house with a 3-car garage before I'll bring my M3 to VA. That or find a really friendly person who will rent me one of their garage bays Commercial storage is just too high at around $400 per month.

I haven't touched Bayareamotorsport.com in years. The site sorely in need of an update, but the car is still identical to the pictures. I am going to swap the tan interior out for black one of these days. I have a set of ultra-rare OEM interior panels and leather-wrapped consoles still in the box that I can't wait to install. It's a love affair alright.

There is something to be said for a 21 year old high performance car with very little in the way of on board computer gadgets to break! I honestly don't believe many of today's cars will have that kind of shelf life because they will just be too expensive to maintain.
Old 10-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: alpine white 535 E61
Model Year: 08

CA seems always to be a problem with the wagons.. I've heard b/c the antenna is further away but I'm not sure I buy that.. This is what The dealer told me that I had ten keys available for use. So they synced the one I used. But I still have problems.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:51 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i: (8/07 Build) Metallic Bronze, Beige NASCA Leather, Ventilated Seats, Sport Pkg, Cold Wxr Pkg, Logic-7 Sound, HUD, Night Vision, PDC, Split Rear Seats, NAV, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, HD Radio, Sport Auto Trans Current mods: M-Aero Kit, JB4, Motorcepts 6000k HID Foglamps Umnitza ICE-Lite 10w LED 6000k AE's 1992 Camaro RS: Fully Restored w/Custom Interior, 5.0L V8, T-tops, OEM Z28 Foglamps, Inst Cluster, & Spoiler, Custom Sound, Too many engine mods to list

While I'm on the subject... 6 presets for a sound system with satellite, HD and conventional radio??? REALLY??? The "cheap" radio versions that come in non iDrive BMWs have 12 presets each for FM and AM. </soapbox>
In iDrive, select FM, then PRESET(s). You have TWELVE FM presets which can either be changed by pressing the up-down buttons on the steering wheel, rotating the iDrive knob, or using the voice command "FM, PRESET, 1,2,etc). I never tried this function w/AM and I don't have SAT radio for other reasons. You can save the button presets for something else.

The only thing I don't like about this function is that HD radio signals have up to two side-bands, so one station can broadcast up to three separate signals simultaneously. In order to tune in to the side bands you have to tune in manually.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:02 PM
Members

Originally Posted by pukka
In iDrive, select FM, then PRESET(s). You have TWELVE FM presets which can either be changed by pressing the up-down buttons on the steering wheel, rotating the iDrive knob, or using the voice command "FM, PRESET, 1,2,etc). I never tried this function w/AM and I don't have SAT radio for other reasons. You can save the button presets for something else.

The only thing I don't like about this function is that HD radio signals have up to two side-bands, so one station can broadcast up to three separate signals simultaneously. In order to tune in to the side bands you have to tune in manually.
I've researched the owner's manual for this information, but I suppose I didn't look hard enough. :^) Will check it out. Many thanks!
Old 10-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Members

Folks have cited rear window tint as a probable cause of radio interference and decreased fob range. I have researched factoy tinted rear window glass for my vehicle, but the unit is coming up without a price at realoem.com and getbmwparts.com (Tischer BMW). Does anyone know if the part number has been superseeded?

51317163461 - $0.00 Lift gate glass - Bmw W/climate comfort 2006 - 2010

I found the non-tinted glass without any trouble:

51317163460 $708.17 Lift gate glass - Bmw W/o climate comfort 2006 - 2010

I have factory-tinted rear side glass and it looks superior to film-tinted glass. It is well worth the additional expense in my opinion. No reception headaches with the alarm and comfort access is a bonus
Old 10-31-2010, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

Think of the 6 buttons you call "presets" to be more like "speed dials" for anything you want to program into. For example, you can program button number 1 to call home, button 2 to change to an FM station, button number 3 to call the office, button number 4 for a satellite station, etc.

Each individual radio band (AM, FM, SAT) has it's own dedicated presets (12 or more) so I think you're good to go. One thing that's cool is that it seems BMW finally listened to me (for CIC-based cars) on the matter of "merged presets" that I brought up back in 2004... Check here for more info:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/447...ware-wish-list
Old 10-31-2010, 12:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Rudy
Think of the 6 buttons you call "presets" to be more like "speed dials" for anything you want to program into. For example, you can program button number 1 to call home, button 2 to change to an FM station, button number 3 to call the office, button number 4 for a satellite station, etc.

Each individual radio band (AM, FM, SAT) has it's own dedicated presets (12 or more) so I think you're good to go. One thing that's cool is that it seems BMW finally listened to me (for CIC-based cars) on the matter of "merged presets" that I brought up back in 2004... Check here for more info:
https://5series.net/forums/topic/447...ware-wish-list
They sure don't make it obvious like they do with the other audio systems. Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Does anyone have problems with comfort access operation?