E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Do you find the Sports Seats comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 07:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The comfort seats have REPLACED the sport seats in the US market sport pack option. The upper portion of the seat now adjusts forward, a huge improvement. Also, they allow you to adjust the side bolsters, making them comfortable for folks of all sizes. The side bolsters (in my 550 at least) open all the way when you turn off the car for easy exit, and automatically tighten around you when you start the car. Very nice.

The old sport seats made it near impossible to turn around and tend a child in the back seat... very frustraiting, as is the seatbelt chime when you need to undo the belt to get turned around to help the kids.

My comfort seats have the nasca upgraded leather, making them a bit firmer, all the better.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Yeah my seats are fine, I just love the 72,000 way adjustability on them. I've noticed that they get more comfortable when I turn on the butt warmers, they get softer and a little plushier.
Old 01-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by FairfieldCT' post='374300' date='Jan 6 2007, 04:48 PM
as is the seatbelt chime when you need to undo the belt to get turned around to help the kids.
You're sorting out the kids with the engine on?

ABC
Old 01-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Redrum' post='374252' date='Jan 6 2007, 03:04 PM
Hi
When I got my E60 M Sport I thought the seats were really comfortable. Maybe old age is setting in and changing from an E46 to an E60 has accelerated the condition.
Has anyone else had similar issues with the seats?
Cheers
Red
Try the Search mode.

There was a similar discussion a year ago or so.

As I remember to votes did go for the Comfort Seats, and by far!
Old 01-06-2007, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

Sport seats vast dissapointment imo: Nothing SPORTY about them, absolutley no latteral support, and not too much comfortable also. I mean if they are not sport, they should be comfortable but they are pretty much neither of them. I don't even want to thing what normal seats feel like.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530d M Sport

I guess I should have gone for the comfort seats - unfortunately my budget wasn't up to it. Thanks for your replies.

Cheers

Red
Old 01-07-2007, 02:34 AM
Members

My Ride: My Drive ……X5 3.0d Sport 2004, Sunroof, 6 Speed Auto, SATNAV, TV, Blue Tooth, Sterling Grey, Beige Leather, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dipping Mirrors, 6 CD, Poplar Wood Interior, Sun Protection Glass, Comfort Screen, Heated Seats. My Drive…… 530d Sport (E61) 2005, Carbon Black, Beige Leather, Auto, Comfort Seats, Panoramic Sun Roof, SATNAV Professional, 6 CD, ( Media Pack), Bi- Xenon’s Adaptive, Headlight Washers,Folding Mirrors, Sun Blinds, Sun Protection Glass, Advanced Air Conditioning / Heating, Blue Tooth with integrated Phone. Other Half’s Drive….318 Ci Sport, 2005, Graphite Grey, Red Leather, Full Sports Pack. Three sayings that can help with life “Shy boys get nothing” “You are confusing me with someone who gives a damn” “If you want a friend buy a dog”

If you have the sports seats, sports suspension and run flat tyres, I agree the ride will be very hard and unforgiving.

If you do have the run flat tyres a possible solution is to change to the non RFT this should soak up some of the hard ride.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:58 AM
Members

I have the sport seats in my 3 week old 550 and I think they feel great. I did have to spend alot of time to dial them in just right to get it comfortable. The seats are much more comfortable than the ones in my X5.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:51 AM
Members

My Ride: My Drive ……X5 3.0d Sport 2004, Sunroof, 6 Speed Auto, SATNAV, TV, Blue Tooth, Sterling Grey, Beige Leather, Folding Mirrors, Auto Dipping Mirrors, 6 CD, Poplar Wood Interior, Sun Protection Glass, Comfort Screen, Heated Seats. My Drive…… 530d Sport (E61) 2005, Carbon Black, Beige Leather, Auto, Comfort Seats, Panoramic Sun Roof, SATNAV Professional, 6 CD, ( Media Pack), Bi- Xenon’s Adaptive, Headlight Washers,Folding Mirrors, Sun Blinds, Sun Protection Glass, Advanced Air Conditioning / Heating, Blue Tooth with integrated Phone. Other Half’s Drive….318 Ci Sport, 2005, Graphite Grey, Red Leather, Full Sports Pack. Three sayings that can help with life “Shy boys get nothing” “You are confusing me with someone who gives a damn” “If you want a friend buy a dog”

Originally Posted by Torquey5' post='374310' date='Jan 6 2007, 05:21 PM
Yeah my seats are fine, I just love the 72,000 way adjustability on them.
How did you come up with that number, did you count them ??

Old 01-07-2007, 07:23 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530d M Sport

I've just been out for a spin and re-adjusted my seat - it did feel better. But I'm gonna say that, anything to get rid of the cushion!

I miss the memory seats from the E46, but a bit of chinagraph here and there is the poor mans version for me.

Proper drive over the next couple of days, so hopefully this new position will work for me. (ooh err missus).

Red

Quick Reply: Do you find the Sports Seats comfortable?