E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Do you find the Sports Seats comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007, 04:04 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d M Sport

Hi

When I got my E60 M Sport I thought the seats were really comfortable. Around two weeks in I started to get uncomfortable and tried every position possible. What was annoying was the "digging in" sensation of the bolsters at the top side of my legs/backside. Finding no comfortable position I've resorted to using a cushion which has really helped, but am a bit disappointed with my "heath robinson" solution.

Maybe old age is setting in and changing from an E46 to an E60 has accelerated the condition.

Has anyone else had similar issues with the seats?

Cheers

Red
Old 01-06-2007, 04:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 535d Apr 05. UK spec + Media Pack, Luxury Pack & Visibility Pack

No similar issues, if anything I find the seat squab too wide and the bolsters not tight enough. I have to say that the E39 sport seats were more comfortable.

Have you tried raising the rear part of the seat and extending the thigh support out a little?
Old 01-06-2007, 04:36 AM
Senior Members

I also find the sport seats a tad uncomfortable. I have been lucky to find a few positions that work for me though. Comfort seats are a world of improvement over the sport seats. So, if it comes down to it, and you just cannot live with the seats, I would suggest maybe another purchase if it is feasible. After my current e60 I will be purchasing another BMW, unsure which, but it will have comfort seats or equivalent.
Old 01-06-2007, 04:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Chorethorious' post='374255' date='Jan 6 2007, 01:36 PM
I also find the sport seats a tad uncomfortable. I have been lucky to find a few positions that work for me though. Comfort seats are a world of improvement over the sport seats. So, if it comes down to it, and you just cannot live with the seats, I would suggest maybe another purchase if it is feasible. After my current e60 I will be purchasing another BMW, unsure which, but it will have comfort seats or equivalent.
Can only comment on the comfort seats.

The are comfortable.

ABC
Old 01-06-2007, 05:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Chorethorious' post='374255' date='Jan 6 2007, 08:36 AM
Ditto I find mine to be uncomfortable on long trips. Comfort Seats for me in my next BMW.
cheers
vern
Old 01-06-2007, 06:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

I find them comfortable. They soften up further after a break in period. I would get them again.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order as of May 6- 2007 530i Titanium Grey and Grey Leather, with Sport Package, Premium Pkg, Cold Pkg. 2006 Porsche Boxster

I love the comfort seats that came with mine. I think they are the best option on my ride! They make all my trips easy for someone with a very bad back.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My comfort seat fits me, my wife like a glove. We both love it!
Considering I am 6'3 and the seat isn't push all the way back. It might fit a person up to 6'8 or something, it is awesome!

is there an optional sport seat for e60?
Old 01-06-2007, 07:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Silver Grey (premium, sport, nav)

Originally Posted by baadaaboo' post='374287' date='Jan 6 2007, 11:10 AM
My comfort seat fits me, my wife like a glove. We both love it!
Considering I am 6'3 and the seat isn't push all the way back. It might fit a person up to 6'8 or something, it is awesome!

is there an optional sport seat for e60?

I'm wondering the same question? I have a 07 530i that I just got a few weeks ago. The Seats IMO are very comfortable and I really like the adjustment to conture your natual driving position in the backrest. Are these seats I have, the COMFORT or SPORT seats? It does have an added headrest cushion also. The seats came standard and were not extra.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LouDawg' post='374293' date='Jan 6 2007, 11:32 AM
I'm wondering the same question? I have a 07 530i that I just got a few weeks ago. The Seats IMO are very comfortable and I really like the adjustment to conture your natual driving position in the backrest. Are these seats I have, the COMFORT or SPORT seats? It does have an added headrest cushion also. The seats came standard and were not extra.
In socal, comfort seat comes with sport package. We don't have a choice to get sports seat at all. I think my question should refer to our European friends or M5 owners... I know M5 has extra controls on comfort seats, such as auto side and bottom support when G-force changes, is that call sport seats? I don't know...

Quick Reply: Do you find the Sports Seats comfortable?