E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Do I have Xenons or Not??? LCI M SPort

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: April 2007 520D M Sport LCI. Automatic. Sunroof. BMW Bluetooth. Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Natural Brown Leather.

Hi All,

I am a new E60 owner, so this my first post....

I have just bought a '07 LCI E60 520D M Sport (ex demo)..... only have it a week but am loving it so far.

The car appears to have Xenon low-beams. The only reason I am doubting is because (a) there is no headlamp wash and (b) there is no self leveling function. Both of which I thought were standard with 'true' Xenon lights.

Also, based on my reading of posts on this forum relating to DRL's, I can't see any difference with this functionality turned on! The Angel Eyes don't burn any brighter with it enabled, nor do the low beam headlights burn any dimmer. What could I be doing wrong??

Thanks.
Artc
Old 10-05-2007, 08:17 AM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

Originally Posted by artc' post='478285' date='Oct 5 2007, 03:51 PM
Hi All,

I am a new E60 owner, so this my first post....

I have just bought a '07 LCI E60 520D M Sport (ex demo)..... only have it a week but am loving it so far.

The car appears to have Xenon low-beams. The only reason I am doubting is because (a) there is no headlamp wash and (b) there is no self leveling function. Both of which I thought were standard with 'true' Xenon lights.

Also, based on my reading of posts on this forum relating to DRL's, I can't see any difference with this functionality turned on! The Angel Eyes don't burn any brighter with it enabled, nor do the low beam headlights burn any dimmer. What could I be doing wrong??

Thanks.
Artc
Xenon lamps have a large round bulb, around the size of a golf ball, compare it with the inner main beam light which will have a normal sized Halogen bulb. When switched on you will clearly see the different type of light.

Xenons will only be there if you ordered them or ordered the visibility pack.

DRL are not dimmed lights, when set it just runs the dipped beams all the time when the headlamp switch is in the 'auto' position.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Members

Xenon lights are easy to recognize, they IGNITE, which is clearly visible. There is a short flicker and the illumination is increasing within two seconds. Halogens don't do this. Furthermore Xenons are blinking that is the light is moving from a downward position up into the final drive position when you ignite them. The color of the light is very cold and blueish which is not with Halogen that have a warm more yellow light.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Senior Members

xenons from what i know are units that ignnite, so if that is the case you know

E60BEEMER

GOOD LUCK
Old 10-05-2007, 11:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Actually if you look closely it will read Xenon on the headlights. around... close to where the angel eye rings are...

And ya the glass looks like a glass marble... round... terminator eye

Old 10-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by artc' post='478285' date='Oct 5 2007, 04:51 PM
Have you put the light indicator in A-mode (Auto)? Otherwise it won't work...
Old 10-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: April 2007 520D M Sport LCI. Automatic. Sunroof. BMW Bluetooth. Deep Sea Blue Metallic, Natural Brown Leather.

Thanks all..

OK, I definetely have Xenons (disappointed with the light output!) & I have been running my DRL's incorrectly. Will leave light switch in 'Auto' mode in future.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:50 PM
Senior Members

You don't have xenon lights!

You can't have xenon without the headlamp washers and the selfleveling function. That's required when the car is equipt with xenon.

Jump into the car, and turn on the headlamps, if they light up at full power the second you turn the headlamps on = no xenons. If you can see that the light is getting stronger after a few seconds = xenons.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:53 PM
Contributors

It sound like you may have aftermarket Xenons. That would explain the disappointing light output and the lack of autolevel / washer function.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:11 AM
Members

I don't know why this is, but it's illegal to have Xenons unless you have headlamp wash and auto levelling function. If you do not have these, then you do not have Xenons I'm afraid.

Quick Reply: Do I have Xenons or Not??? LCI M SPort