E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

DITCH ONE OPTION

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

I had to manage my options very carefully to make the car fit within budgetary issues.

The decision to get a 550i was a must. I debated a 530 with more options, but in the end, wanted the 550i above all else.

I had to have logic7, sport package and cold weather packages.

I decided against Nav and active steering. I know AS gets a lot of great reviews, but never having had it, I figured I would not notice its absence nearly as much as not having sport or cold weather. And, being a bit of an audiophile, I wanted Logic7 badly too.

Its hard to decide where to draw the line when dollars are a factor.

- Pete
Old 01-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

I wouldn't ditch anything but I would add confort seats.
cheers
vern
Old 01-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='384957' date='Jan 29 2007, 03:31 PM
A couple things... Well, that's pretty easy with all the options my car has...

I would not get the TV, and get it aftermarket.
I would not get the phone professional, I wanted BT but it was still n/a at the time of purchase.
I would not get the external heater, since I now have a garage.

But I would get nightvision now...

I am happy that I don't have the engine start/stop button, wouldn't want to have keyless go but would get it if I had a start/stop button and would probably buy soft close for the doors.

I like my nightvision. Havent avoided anything yet but its a nice to have option. I do see people ahead of me that I never would have seen under existing light conditions. Any you do get used to looking down at the screen and up. In the fog you could actually drive the car just looking at the night vision I drive screen.

I would ditch the keyless entry. Ill push a botton to save $1,000 anyday.
Old 01-29-2007, 02:31 PM
Members

i'd ditch the massage function in the seats; if anything, it gives me sore buttocks
Old 01-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Contributors

The fold down rear seats; I have yet to even fold them down. I guess it's still good to have, but I can't see myself hauling anything in the car.
Old 01-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i Monaco Blue

If I had a choice, I would get nightvision and ditch voice activation...but alas there was no choice.

C.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes CLS63 AMG Designo Graphite with white leather interior Keyless Go, Heated/Ventilated seats, Parktronic

I bought my '05 525 used with only the "premium package" and "cold weather package" but if I could order the options I would likely get:

nav w/ HUD
comfort access
comfort seats
ventilated seats

I love the heated seats and heated steering wheel. I can tell you that I would not have purchased the car if I would've known about the seatbelt audible sound for both the driver AND passenger. I frequently find myself keeping a heavy package on the passenger seat that triggers the audible chime/light. BS if you ask me. At least make a way so it can be turned off.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 520i History: Ford Cougar -00, Volvo S40 -04, Renault Laguna -03, Citroën Xsara -98, Citröen ZX -93, Citröen BX -88

I actually ordered the 6-CD changer, but luckily I reconsidered, and managed to cancel the order.
- no need to pay for using precious space in the glove compartment, when you can put 200+ mp3-files on a CD...
Old 01-29-2007, 10:38 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 535d SE Touring Silver Grey / Beige Dakota Media Pack (Pro Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Cd Changer, BMW Assist) Visibility Pack (Bi Xenons, Hedlight wash, Adaptive headlights)

Although I didn't pay much for them, as they're part of the visibilty pack in the UK, I wouldn't *pay* for the adaptive headlights. Everything else can stay!!

Peter
Old 01-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Veight' post='385036' date='Jan 30 2007, 06:39 AM
I like my nightvision. Havent avoided anything yet but its a nice to have option. I do see people ahead of me that I never would have seen under existing light conditions. Any you do get used to looking down at the screen and up. In the fog you could actually drive the car just looking at the night vision I drive screen.
I would ditch the keyless entry. Ill push a botton to save $1,000 anyday.
You mean comfort access right, I wouldn't want a car without keyless entry. Even cars at Hertz now have keyless entry.

Quick Reply: DITCH ONE OPTION