E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dilima

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for my opinion 3 series are for ladies and 5 for guys...

its just too small even though fun to drive...

if you can go for 535xi but like you said rd sport exhaust and wheel option can hold you back.

Why dont you selll rd sport exhaust and wheel to someone else???

If you dont need xi then dont get it.. it is heavier and i personally dont like how it drives..
Old 09-25-2008, 11:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

M5
Old 09-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Ford F-250 Harley Davidson Edition 6.4L OHV Power Stroke Turbo Diesel V8 (350hp/650lbft) Blue Flame Package Dual Alternators Touch Screen Navigation + DVD Player Uplifter Switches Trailer Brake Controller Traction Control Rapid Heat Supplemental Cab Heater Rear View Camera Power Slide Moonroof

Originally Posted by TwistTie' post='677982
I am at a cross road here. I have a 07 530 xi with only 8500 miles on it. I am looking at getting a different car becasue the deals that my local bimmer dealer is running. I am looking at either 535xi, 550, or a used 750li. Do you guys think it is worth the switch. The only thing I am worried about is that I wont get the money I want out of my car. Plus with my RD sport exhaust if I dont get a 535 I will have blown 3k plus my wheels will not fit on the new car unless it is an xi. Help please!!!!!
What about a new 535xi!

If it were me I'd say screw the wheels and exhaust and move on to a M5!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Senior Members

wheels are not an issue I can just have new barrels made.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:56 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by KU530' post='678108' date='Sep 25 2008, 11:08 AM
I am going to drive the 550 535 and an M3 tonight to see if I really want to make the change. I am happy with my 530 dont get me wrong so if I dont change I will not be heart broken. I think I just am craving more power. Plus there are a few options that I would like to have this time around like comfort seats. Plus I really dont need the awd I dont use it now. Thanks to those that have had constructive comments.
That's the way to do it - drive them and see what you like. Comfort seats alone are worth upgrading for.
IMO if you are going to change then get something different (ie 550 or M5) since you've done the I6. Get a combination that is different enough that you won't get bored for at least 2 years. Good luck!

I would try to sell the wheels and just leave the exhaust on the car and "bite the bullet"...
Old 09-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TwistTie' post='677982' date='Sep 25 2008, 11:15 AM

I always thought BMW owners had a bit more smarts than your average Joe. The OP contradicts that. Or, maybe it's just BMW owners on forums. Oooops, that would include me.

btw, to the OP: I assume you meant "dilemma."

TwistTie, you must have missed THIS THREAD.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Originally Posted by KU530' post='677923' date='Sep 25 2008, 04:05 PM
I am at a cross road here. I have a 07 530 xi with only 8500 miles on it. I am looking at getting a different car becasue the deals that my local bimmer dealer is running. I am looking at either 535xi, 550, or a used 750li. Do you guys think it is worth the switch. The only thing I am worried about is that I wont get the money I want out of my car. Plus with my RD sport exhaust if I dont get a 535 I will have blown 3k plus my wheels will not fit on the new car unless it is an xi. Help please!!!!!
I understand what you are talking about. I went through the same few times and I always made the switch and lost money but hey, you live only once! Maybe you will feel better doing it and it will help you make more money .. who knows? Do it. Maybe you realise you should have not done it. That's also good because you learn
Old 09-25-2008, 04:01 PM
Senior Members

well just got back from the dealer. I test drove a 535i, 550i, M3, and just for fun the 135i. I loved the 535 big diff from my 530 the 550 was nice but did not invoke true excitement. The 135 is a fun car to drive. If I was a single guy with no kids I would buy one in a heartbeat. Very cool car. After all that I have decide not to buy any of them................. Before I was all the way back on the lot I spotted an Indianapolis Red fire breathing monster known as the M5. I said ok lets drive that one. I am still smiling. So me and my salesman have decided that we are gonna order me one after the first of the year so that I can do a European delivery this spring early summer. Now I just need to decide what color and options I want in it so it will be just for me. I am thinking of the alpine white with the red interior but I have some time to decide plus I am going to keep the 530 as well. The woman likes to drive it but the M5 will be way to much car for her. Thanks for you guys's input stay tuned.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Members

I just wanted to justify my pointless obsessions with cars. So really if you dont have anything constructive to say dont say shit!
I thought it was constructive. It's a pointless obsession, as you admit. So, I thought I'd help you out, in a semi-pointless manner. I even poked fun at myself.

You can go ahead and do what you want, but it can't be justified. Always expect responses.

Idiot! Keep you're [sic] comments to yourself.
Isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black?

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='678218' date='Sep 25 2008, 03:58 PM
TwistTie, you must have missed THIS THREAD.
Anybody who wants to IM me, I'll give you my full name, phone number, where I live, and what I do for a living. I'd just rather not post that info on the thread due to spam.

Cheers.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:58 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by KU530' post='678412' date='Sep 25 2008, 08:01 PM
well just got back from the dealer. I test drove a 535i, 550i, M3, and just for fun the 135i. I loved the 535 big diff from my 530 the 550 was nice but did not invoke true excitement. The 135 is a fun car to drive. If I was a single guy with no kids I would buy one in a heartbeat. Very cool car. After all that I have decide not to buy any of them................. Before I was all the way back on the lot I spotted an Indianapolis Red fire breathing monster known as the M5. I said ok lets drive that one. I am still smiling. So me and my salesman have decided that we are gonna order me one after the first of the year so that I can do a European delivery this spring early summer. Now I just need to decide what color and options I want in it so it will be just for me. I am thinking of the alpine white with the red interior but I have some time to decide plus I am going to keep the 530 as well. The woman likes to drive it but the M5 will be way to much car for her. Thanks for you guys's input stay tuned.
That's why I have avoided an M5 test drive. I know I'd be hooked on its power and "presense". The 550i is more than enough performance for me (yet retains civility) so I went that direction.