E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Different colours under different lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2005, 12:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, i recently purchased a 525xi (live in Canada). It took me a while to decide on the colour, but i ended up choosing titanium grey metallic. I think it looks best under most conditions, also when it isn't exceptionally clean. I found that the different colours completely changed the way the car looks. (shape, lines, etc.) If anyone also has this colour, i would love to hear from you, as well as anyone who has had experience with the xdrive. Thanks.

Cheers,
Jack

P.S. Pics soon to come!
Old 07-19-2005, 01:30 PM
Members

I had a Titanium Gray 530i, I thought the car looked the best at night when not under direct light. Not that it looked bad in the daytime or anything, it was just the way the car's lighting played off of the dark gray and the black background of the night.

I must say, I drove it this past winter, and even with the CaCl and other filth that the DOTs put on the roads around here, it never screamed "I HAVEN'T BEEN WASHED IN TWO WEEKS OF WET SALTY WINTER DRIVING" like some colors do.

I claybar'ed polished and waxed the car in March when spring fever hit me and although it looked great, it didn't make you dizzy looking deep into the paint the way, say for instance, a black paintjob might. It was smooth and clean, but it was hard to tell that the paint was fully detailed.

The best for Titanium Gray, IMHO, is when the car is clean and the paint color gets to play off of the taillamps, the headlights and the door trim.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by jackbutler' date='Jul 19 2005, 03:16 PM
Hey guys, i recently purchased a 525xi? ? (live in Canada). It took me a while to decide on the colour, but i ended up choosing titanium grey metallic. I think it looks best under most conditions, also when it isn't exceptionally clean. I found that the different colours completely changed the way the car looks. (shape, lines, etc.) If anyone also has this colour, i would love to hear from you, as well as anyone who has had experience with the xdrive. Thanks.

Cheers,
Jack

P.S. Pics soon to come!
[snapback]150793[/snapback]
I used to have this colour and it looked fantastic especially under fuel station blueish lights and bright sunshine, however I had the first TG 1 and in dull light it looked green. I understand TG 2 has more silver in it and looks better.
Attached Thumbnails Different colours under different lights-administrat_photos__12_03_2005___893___small_.jpg