E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Difference from SE Sport and M Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by Epic' post='763709' date='Jan 9 2009, 05:50 PM
RIGHT!!!

I got this.. TODAY! pick it up tuesday now. its a 530d SE Sport. as you can see it looks 100% like a M Sport, m stearing wheel, m seats, reverse sensors are standard... everything! and these havnt been added. Even on insurance check it says SE Sport

Nice one! Good looking car! I still don't think there is such thing as an SE Sport? I just did a check on the plate of your car using an 'online car data check' site that gives a free vehicle summary. It lists it as follows:

Vehicle Registration Mark: WG05RVF
Make: BMW
Model: 530D SPORT
Transmission & fuel type: MANUAL 6 GEARS DIESEL
Body Type: 4 DOOR SALOON
Colour: BLACK

Note the lack of SE - and this information will be taken directly from DVLA. Out of curiosity I did the same check on my own vehicle which I know is an M-Sport (bought brand new) and it too is listed as a SPORT the same as yours. This leads me to wonder if your new car is in fact an M-Sport, it certainly looks like one, although I know this is nothing to go on necessarily.

Does it have ///M door kick plates & ///M gear lever knob?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Well, there's not officially a SE (only in the UK) nor a SE sport.

In US they they have Sport and M Sport.

For short, a US sport is a M sport without the M bumpers and skirts plus emblems.
Wheels and some other small details are also different.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:36 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by Ricracing' post='763747' date='Jan 9 2009, 06:29 PM
Well, there's not officially a SE (only in the UK) nor a SE sport.

In US they they have Sport and M Sport.

For short, a US sport is a M sport without the M bumpers and skirts plus emblems.
Wheels and some other small details are also different.
But.....the whole point of this debate is within the UK Market..... so there is an 'offical SE model', but isn't an 'offical SE Sport model' within the UK Market.

I couldn't comment on other markets.....
Old 01-09-2009, 09:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport, Carbon Black, Black half leather

Originally Posted by Palmo' post='763735' date='Jan 9 2009, 07:20 PM
Nice one! Good looking car! I still don't think there is such thing as an SE Sport? I just did a check on the plate of your car using an 'online car data check' site that gives a free vehicle summary. It lists it as follows:

Vehicle Registration Mark: WG05RVF
Make: BMW
Model: 530D SPORT
Transmission & fuel type: MANUAL 6 GEARS DIESEL
Body Type: 4 DOOR SALOON
Colour: BLACK

Note the lack of SE - and this information will be taken directly from DVLA. Out of curiosity I did the same check on my own vehicle which I know is an M-Sport (bought brand new) and it too is listed as a SPORT the same as yours. This leads me to wonder if your new car is in fact an M-Sport, it certainly looks like one, although I know this is nothing to go on necessarily.

Does it have ///M door kick plates & ///M gear lever knob?
Yeah its got an M Gear knob, didnt even think to look at the kick plates, but i would suspect they are there indeed. its basicly an M Sport with SE Sport on the log book. is strange!! Got a great deal tho i think
Old 01-09-2009, 09:45 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Epic' post='763761' date='Jan 9 2009, 06:43 PM
Yeah its got an M Gear knob, didnt even think to look at the kick plates, but i would suspect they are there indeed. its basicly an M Sport with SE Sport on the log book. is strange!! Got a great deal tho i think
Nice one.....enjoy! How many miles? What are "Big Motoring World" like to deal with? I've certainly heard of them before and they always seem to have the largest selection of used BMW in.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport, Carbon Black, Black half leather

Originally Posted by Palmo' post='763763' date='Jan 9 2009, 07:45 PM
Nice one.....enjoy! How many miles? What are "Big Motoring World" like to deal with? I've certainly heard of them before and they always seem to have the largest selection of used BMW in.
They were very helpful today and when i called them. have a good selection and good prices. Cars done 44k miles.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='763498' date='Jan 9 2009, 02:29 PM
The UK never saw a Sport Package, there were only Media, Luxury and Visibility Packages.
Ah.

The mystery deepens....
Old 02-05-2009, 07:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Epic' post='763770' date='Jan 9 2009, 06:52 PM
They were very helpful today and when i called them. have a good selection and good prices. Cars done 44k miles.

Their prices are really good. But their customer service is very very poor. Didn't even valet my car properly when i bought it and didn't do some of the things that were promised. There was no Sat nav disc provided with me car and no service book. Hence their cheap prices!! just make sure you get the car checked out properly. I would only recommend buying from them if you know your stuff and take cash. I knocked ?1000 off straight away. Hope this helps!!!
Old 02-05-2009, 07:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Epic' post='763770' date='Jan 9 2009, 06:52 PM

Jack is the only honest guy there, but even he has to get the sales!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Palmo' post='763517' date='Jan 9 2009, 08:55 AM
A UK M-Sport is a 'different' factory spec than a UK SE. Some parts are in addition on the M-Sport, some parts are different - it's as simple as that. However, an SE could be specced from new with certain optional extras that are standard on the M-Sport e.g. Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel etc. - this does not make an SE with these optional extras an SE Sport or indeed an M-sport, it is an SE with 'optional extras fitted'. It is not possible to spec an SE with all the M-Sport parts!

i dont see how you can say "its not possible to spec an SE with all the M-sport parts"

i have a 530d SE (in the V5) with m-sport bumpers, sills, M SMG steering wheel, 20 way M heated seats with bolsters, heated rear seats, M kick sills, M-sport suspension,M gear knob,M exhaust,bi xeions, shadow line trim, i also have M 5 brakes front and rear.19" M sport alloys (everything is OEM genuine BMW)

plus i have the SAT gearbox, pro nav, media pack, lighting pack, M sport boot finnisher.

so what bits more do you think i need to make it a M sport car (ONLY THE v5 TO GO )

the M sport was not a different car, it just had some differences (not additions) bumpers is a look, and does not return any more mpg or mph, suspension is different thats all firm for the sport and more comfortable for the SE
everything else is a brand name look.
the only true difference is with the M5 (that is quite a lot different.)

Quick Reply: Difference from SE Sport and M Sport