E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Difference from SE Sport and M Sport

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 03:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Palmo' post='763474' date='Jan 9 2009, 12:13 PM
My view on this (and I may be wrong) is that the so called 'SE Sport' is actually an SE car that either had a number of sports bits added as options when new or that has had these retrofitted afterwards or a combination of the two. I really don't think that there has ever been an official BMW UK spec car that is referred to as an 'SE Sport'. AFAIK they are either officially an SE or an M-Sport. Another possibility is that these 'SE Sports' are not UK cars, and were originally built for another market - it is possible?

If I'm wrong somebody please correct me by all means!

only in the respect that surely an m sport is an se with bits added i would have thought. apart from the m5 arnt all 5's the same basic foundation with different bits bolted on ?

The sport parts of mine were factory fitted from new and is a late 04
Old 01-09-2009, 03:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: F11 -14

There are, depending on where you live, difference packages to be had with the 5er. One of the packages is a Sport package which is NOT the M sport package. So for those who have "SE" cars (I believe this more UK speak) they can very well have an SE Sport...
Old 01-09-2009, 04:29 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

The UK never saw a Sport Package, there were only Media, Luxury and Visibility Packages.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:49 AM
Members

All this info leads me to think that my se sport is a very special rare edition worth nothing short of a kings ransome
Old 01-09-2009, 04:51 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Epic' post='763466' date='Jan 9 2009, 11:29 AM
Its really confused me when you replyed.. as my name is actualy Robert Hall.. lol

Apparently they said its sumthing to do with pre 2004 they used to be called SE Sport and then they changed it to M Sport for no reason... but if thats the case why do they have 2005 and 2006 SE Sports on there site... and i have compaired the pictures and they look the same!

Main things i want are the M Tech bumpers n side skirts, the stearing wheel and good black leather seats. now when i look at the pictures on one of the SE Sports they seem to have all that..

Im going down there later today.. so i hope im not disapointed and can have a few things explained
What a fine name you have Epic
Old 01-09-2009, 04:55 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by Rob Hall' post='763486' date='Jan 9 2009, 12:48 PM
only in the respect that surely an m sport is an se with bits added i would have thought. apart from the m5 arnt all 5's the same basic foundation with different bits bolted on ?

The sport parts of mine were factory fitted from new and is a late 04
A UK M-Sport is a 'different' factory spec than a UK SE. Some parts are in addition on the M-Sport, some parts are different - it's as simple as that. However, an SE could be specced from new with certain optional extras that are standard on the M-Sport e.g. Sports Seats, Sports Steering Wheel etc. - this does not make an SE with these optional extras an SE Sport or indeed an M-sport, it is an SE with 'optional extras fitted'. It is not possible to spec an SE with all the M-Sport parts!
Old 01-09-2009, 04:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 525d M-Sport Saloon M57N2 3.0d LCI EXTERIOR: Jet Black, ///M-Aerodynamic Bodystyling, ///M-Rear Spoiler, De-badged, Gradual Tint Windscreen, ///M-Double Spoke 172M 19" Alloy Wheels (with non-run flats & space saver spare wheel) & ///M-Sports Suspension; INTERIOR: ///M-Steering Wheel, Black Dakota Leather Heated Sports Seats with Electric Lumbar Supports, Brushed Aluminium Interior Trim & Anthracite Headlining.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='763498' date='Jan 9 2009, 01:29 PM
The UK never saw a Sport Package, there were only Media, Luxury and Visibility Packages.
Agreed, but I think this may have been available in other markets?
Old 01-09-2009, 06:11 AM
Contributors

The M-sport suspension is well worth it. I had it on my 550. Unless you can verifiy that booth have the same suspension, get the M-sport.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:39 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW 520D SE

There is no such thing as "SE SPORT" as SE stands for Sports Edition so it wouldn't make any sense if it was called Sports Edition Sport!

I have an SE but with the full M sport bodykit (Added by myself)...its the best thing you could do as you have the ride of an SE but the look of an M Sport...
Old 01-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport, Carbon Black, Black half leather

RIGHT!!!

I got this.. TODAY! pick it up tuesday now. its a 530d SE Sport. as you can see it looks 100% like a M Sport, m stearing wheel, m seats, reverse sensors are standard... everything! and these havnt been added. Even on insurance check it says SE Sport

Quick Reply: Difference from SE Sport and M Sport