E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Did You Know?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 08:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

By a sheer act of coincidence I hit the knob for the radio last night while sitting in my car and getting ready to head home from the office, and lo and behold the CD player started and my I-Drive became operational, oh, by the way my car keys were still in my brief case. This is my third successive BMW and never knew that the radio and Cd player can be independently accessed without the keys being in the ignition. Does anyone know if this is a knew function on the E60 or did it always have this capability?
Old 07-16-2004, 09:35 AM
Senior Members

It has always been a function,the radio should stay on for about 20 min's then switch off and close the I Drive screen.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Each time I have visited the BMW dealership after hours, they have one E60 open and at the push of a button, the radio/cd control come on the idrive and the music begins. This is really how I did extensive sound system testing on the E60. All by myself at night with the music blasting. You don't need the key, and it can be accessed at anytime, not 20 minutes after the last person. This may have changed with software upgrades(my last test drive was in April), but I remember being suprised about the radio operation. In I-drive, the music selection is all that can be controlled without the key in the ignition.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:35 AM
Members

Thanks for the response guys, much appreciated.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:43 AM
Senior Members

Whats this 20 Min's after last person thing ?