E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Did I buy the right car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 12:56 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any enthusiasts' message board inevitably features more posts saying 'I've got a problem' than posts saying 'I love my car'.

So some more easily influenced newbies might be deterred from buying the E60 owing to the apparent huge number of problems.

But don't be fooled newbies (and I was one until 09 June this year ).

The Acid Test

- drive anywhere in your E60
- heavy traffic (or any traffic really)
- 'Look Around You'
- IF you see a car and think ... hmmmm I'd rather OWN THAT INSTEAD, mark the occasion
- because it hardly ever happens

Incredible economy (diesel). Superb acceleration (diesel for god's sake!). Expensive look, girlfriend-loosening leather seats, bling bling little orange lights everywhere, 650 mile range on a fill-up, boot huge enough for 3 sets of golf clubs (Honma ) ... tough to beat.

Newbies take faith ... it's the best car in the world. Sod the little problems, look at the bigger picture.

xxx Andy
Old 08-06-2005, 01:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 525i Sport. Mystic Blue. Logic 7, 6 CD Changer, Floormats. Just call me the last of the big spenders!!

Old 08-06-2005, 01:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Thanks and well said for confirming the E60, I am at the "have I done the right thing...so many negs on the forum stage" and thsi helps a lot.

All of the test drives Ive had in the 535 have been great, and i love my E46 so hope the jump up is as much fun.
Old 08-06-2005, 01:37 AM
Members

mixterk ... looking at the car you've got on order, I'd say the ONLY problem you'll have is working out how in Hell you're going to wait until October without going mad ...

Trust me, it's a beast when you want it to be, a limousine when you need it to be, and something you'll look at with pride every day of the year.

Especially the twin turbo monster you've got on order. The ONLY way i can look at a 535D and not think hmmmm ... got me beat there ... is by saying 'extra 6 MPG ... extra 6 MPG ...' and patting my single-turbo dashboard. Otherwise, it's 15-Love to you when we're crawling down the A1 side by side mate
Old 08-06-2005, 04:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

good point here.
you are right on what to drive instead?

within the same price range and type of car only Audi A6 is an alternative. and believe me coming from Audi, the problems are pretty much the same so it is pretty much even

E60 rulez within its category today
Old 08-06-2005, 04:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Possibly - But have you purchased the right DOLL for hiding in the trunk

Old 08-06-2005, 05:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

I while ago our leading car magazine tested Audi A6, BMW 5-seies, Chrysler 300, Jaguar S-type and Mercedes-Benz E.

And, of course, the winner was BMW
Old 08-06-2005, 11:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by AndyUK' date='Aug 6 2005, 01:56 AM
The Acid Test

- drive anywhere in your E60
- heavy traffic (or any traffic really)
- 'Look Around You'
- IF you see a car and think ... hmmmm I'd rather OWN THAT INSTEAD, mark the occasion
- because it hardly ever happens
[snapback]156549[/snapback]

Very true... hadly find myself thinking that...

I'll think that EVERYTIME I pass a E60 M5 tho. Or maybe a 550 with a sport pack :'(
Old 08-06-2005, 12:26 PM
IMU
Contributors

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Aug 6 2005, 08:33 PM
I'll think that EVERYTIME I pass a E60 M5 tho.
You pass M5's easily?
Old 08-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by IMU' date='Aug 6 2005, 01:26 PM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Aug 6 2005, 08:33 PM']I'll think that EVERYTIME I pass a E60 M5 tho.
You pass M5's easily?
[snapback]156671[/snapback]
[/quote]

Quick Reply: Did I buy the right car?