5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   Delivered: 2005 530 SMG (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/delivered-2005-530-smg-3604/)

pughmat 10-11-2004 08:37 AM

Well, it finally arrived and I picked it up on Saturday. All I can say is this is an awesome car. I don't have a blue tooth enabled phone yet so I'm not sure if the car has it or not. Is there a way to tell? If so, I'll let you know.

Second, getting used to the SMG. First and Second are still a bit jerky, but I know if will come in time.

Third, the car came without the two latches in the back seat to buckle a person in the middle of the back seat. Sales guy was dumbfounded as was I. There is a shoulder strap, just no place for it to go. I have to take it in for service to see if they are missing or just stuck behind the seat as there were no service guys present.

I have the latest software 13.2 and no nav option and my RDS works.

Let me know if there are any 2005 specific questions and I'll try to help.

Matt

2005 530i, Silver Gray, Black w/Anthracite, SMG, Prem, Sport, Cold, Rear Heat, Fold Downs, Xenons. (No pics yet, sorry)

kigerka 10-11-2004 08:46 AM

Must have pics.

You will become one with the SMG in no time.

pennetta 10-11-2004 11:16 AM

I remember a poll here concerning an E60 6speed, SMG or Stick? The last time I looked the SMG's outnumbered the sticks by two to one.
I now have 7000 miles on my 545 SMG and I would chose the same car, same options if I were to to it again right now.

alohalc 10-11-2004 01:02 PM

congrats :thumbsup:! can't wait to see the pics ;).

Rudy 10-11-2004 04:25 PM

Congrats on the car!

SMG is the best -- you'll love it.

I'd love to see a pic or two of the rear seatbelt issue you mentioned. We could probably give you better information than the dealer as to whether or not something is screwed up or not!

buddy 10-11-2004 05:01 PM

curius to know whether your cd player will play mp3's, sound like a great car by the way

jyeatman 10-12-2004 11:05 AM

Matt, do you know if Bluetooth is operating in your car?

Looking forward to pictures of your car (nudge, nudge)!

pughmat 10-12-2004 12:05 PM

Those seeking pictures: Well, it's pretty much rained non-stop since I picked up the car due to tropical storm matthew (We're not supposed to have those in KS)...so I haven't been able to get any pictures taken.

Rudy: I can take a picture of the back seat to show what's missing for the seat belt. Any help will be great. I haven't made an appointment yet.

Buddy: I'll burn some MP3's and check it out.

Jyeatman: I'm not sure how to tell if it has bluetooth. I haven't read though the manual all the way yet. If you can tell me how I can tell without having a blue tooth enabled phone, I'd be happy to let you know.

Matt

BTW, I had the dealer add the red reflectors and the chrome grill before I picked it up (It was about $140 for everything). It's a great addition to the silver gray cars.

alohalc 10-12-2004 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by pughmat' date='Oct 12 2004, 10:05 AM
BTW, I had the dealer add the red reflectors and the chrome grill before I picked it up (It was about $140 for everything). It's a great addition to the silver gray cars.
[snapback]43957[/snapback]

$140 is a really good deal :wow:. only the grilles are more than that. good choice, i have the grilles and reflectors on my silver gray as well :thumbsup:.

kigerka 10-12-2004 11:22 PM

I really doubt it will play mp3's since the updates haven't been that much noticable to the driver.