E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Decoding the door sticker

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

On the doorsill of the drivers side door, there are two stickers. One is self-explanatory, the tyre recommendation sticker. The other has self-explanatory bits but also some cryptic information. I've managed to decode two bits of information; the engine code and the color code; though I don't know about the rest. Can you help out? The first, rather out of focus picture shows the labels whereas the second picture indicates the codes I managed to figure out (yellow arrow):

Decoding the door sticker-bmw-stickers-001.jpg

Decoding the door sticker-bmw-stickers-002.jpg
Old 04-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 e60/black sapphire metallic/auburn leather/heated front seats and steering wheel/premium package/premium sound package/sport package/shadow line trim/6 disc in dash/multi-contour front seats/sport suspension/comfort access/moon roof/ rear all around sun shades/park distance control front and back/adaptive xenon headlights/ navigation/ Aerodynamic kit/ carbon fiber roundels hood trunk and steering wheel/ 35% tint all around + visor/ racing dash license plate lights/ matte black grille/ invisabulb turn signals/ charcoal filter delete/ euro stickers/ weisslicht LED side markers

why do you care?
Old 04-03-2011, 10:23 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

I've just learned that the code for the touchup paint I need to order is found on the sticker. The engine code for the car is different from what I thought it was and it is also available on the sticker. I need that for when I order filters etc. So I want to know if there are other bits of important info distilled on that little label that can be helpful for me and others.

More generally, I'm on this forum to learn more about my car. Why are you here?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 e60/black sapphire metallic/auburn leather/heated front seats and steering wheel/premium package/premium sound package/sport package/shadow line trim/6 disc in dash/multi-contour front seats/sport suspension/comfort access/moon roof/ rear all around sun shades/park distance control front and back/adaptive xenon headlights/ navigation/ Aerodynamic kit/ carbon fiber roundels hood trunk and steering wheel/ 35% tint all around + visor/ racing dash license plate lights/ matte black grille/ invisabulb turn signals/ charcoal filter delete/ euro stickers/ weisslicht LED side markers

I'm sure if you searched your VIN # you'd find out the same information plus more.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:57 PM
Senior Members

So in other words, there is no reason why BMW put a sticker there in the first place? If you don't know and you don't care, I suggest you move on to other threads but please, try to be constructive wherever you go. Thread lightly.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:49 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Originally Posted by dezenuts
why do you care?
I agree with NavarroOne, were all here to help each other. Thats was just plain rude

Anyway, :- Bayerische Motoren Werke AG = Bavarian Motor Works Germany. Sorry couldnt resit LOL

The one beginning WBAP is your VIN no. the rest are kerb weights for the car.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:14 AM
Senior Members

you are, i must say, a very xcellent speaker of ze german language sir, i congratulate you.

while you are on a roll, any idea what's with the e1*2004/116*0230* - greek to me

or after the color code, the /9 and 0.50 inside a square? possibly references to interior color/upholstry?

next to a headlight icon there's the number 1.0 - could this have to do with xenon light, or possibly differences between rhd and lhd cars and where the light might be pointing?
Old 04-05-2011, 02:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530 d M-sport e60

Thats where it ends, could possibly be interior options.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:15 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by NavarroOne
next to a headlight icon there's the number 1.0 - could this have to do with xenon light, or possibly differences between rhd and lhd cars and where the light might be pointing?
My US car doesn't have the door jamb sticker but has 1.0 on both headlamp assemblies. Too bad we don't have a friend at the factory to help us decode
Attached Thumbnails Decoding the door sticker-xenon.jpg  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Senior Members

Do you have xenon?

I note it says percent so perhaps it have to do with the drop of the light angle per meter? If so it's probably the same everywhere, but it would be interesting to hear from e.g the UK, Hong Kong, Singapore or other countries with the steering wheel on the righthand side, whether their headlights have the same insdication.

Quick Reply: Decoding the door sticker