E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dearlers and bad service

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You sir need to be more aware of what's going on. I always check my tires first thing, before picking up the car.....caught it done incorrectly a couple times.
Amazing and totally unacceptable. Percy hit the nail on the head.

This is not inspiring.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Members

It is true that some stealerships provide good service, however I still contend that stealerships only do one thing well: sell cars.

Everything else is a sideline to prop up the bottom line.

Don't get me started.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Originally Posted by sirjaymill
Now it is spring again, and I went to put back on the summers, to find out the rear tires I had replaced, were put on backwards and no one on town wants to flip them for fear they might tear up the tire. SO, now I have to risk buying two more tires to get them flipped, or drive them with out the correct pattern.
which tires you got? if they are both backwards, wouldn't swapping sides fix the issue? or do these tires have a specific side that should face outwards?
Old 04-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Members

sport ps2, which have a outside.. I do normally check that things are done right, but after fighting about the carpet in the door, I was steaming mad. I can't stand when someone tells me something happened else where, when I know it was in there under my items in the door. that carpet keep the keys I keep in the door from rattling. Plus when I call and got a price quote for the tires he told me 980 something, then later that day said it was going to be just over a 1000, but when I got there, it was 1200 for two tires ordered from tirerack.com. I was in a real hurry since I was in a military school and really shouldn't had been gone from class. It was a real bad day. Lesson learned well.
Old 04-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

sport ps2, which have a outside.. I do normally check that things are done right, but after fighting about the carpet in the door, I was steaming mad. I can't stand when someone tells me something happened else where, when I know it was in there under my items in the door. that carpet keep the keys I keep in the door from rattling. Plus when I call and got a price quote for the tires he told me 980 something, then later that day said it was going to be just over a 1000, but when I got there, it was 1200 for two tires ordered from tirerack.com. I was in a real hurry since I was in a military school and really shouldn't had been gone from class. It was a real bad day. Lesson learned well.
The old 'quoted vs. actual cost' stealership trick! Funny thing is the actual is never less than the quoted!
Old 04-19-2011, 08:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

wow. you got ripped off on the tires. tirerack sells the tires for around 350 each. discount tire will install and with tax included be less than 900 for a pair.

and i see that the pilot sport ps2 have an inside and outside edge.
how could the tech not notice??
Attached Thumbnails Dearlers and bad service-tiree.jpg  
Old 04-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Percy_991
Not good. We choose major stealerships for peace of mind, perceived superior service and technical capabilities. We pay a premium for this and it still shocks me when they fail to deliver. Dont get me wrong, I have had some excellent experiences with various stealerships in the past but when they funk-up they can really funk-up! On one occasion when they were putting my alloys on they snaped the head of the locking key into the locking nut. Worse thing is they did not admit it at the time. Luckily I noticed a few days after when washing the car. Took it straight back and demanded they fix it. They had to drill the locking nut out, damaging my alloy in the process. They also replaced the locking nuts as I would have expected.

Sanj - did you get another 5er after selling up or was this enough to make you switch marques altogether?
Hello Percy,i'm sorry to say that I have switched to a Mercedes 220 Sport and have'nt looked back since,I loved my 5 serie's and a couple of bad incident's have left me far from happy.I will come back to BMW but it won't be anytime soon.
Old 04-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d MSport Auto, 19" 172 Spiders on ContiSports 2's, Pro Nav, Adaptive Xenons, Bruce M's V6 Rear LCI Cables/Lights, Number plate LED

Originally Posted by Sanj
Hello Percy,i'm sorry to say that I have switched to a Mercedes 220 Sport and have'nt looked back since,I loved my 5 serie's and a couple of bad incident's have left me far from happy.I will come back to BMW but it won't be anytime soon.
And I have also seriously considered making the switch. BMW make amazing cars and it's almost the case where the product sells itself and the brand is a victim of its own success. Unfortunately, many of the SA's at the stealerships know this and therefore, in my opinion and experience, take liberties. How do you find the SA's at Benz?
Old 04-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Percy_991
And I have also seriously considered making the switch. BMW make amazing cars and it's almost the case where the product sells itself and the brand is a victim of its own success. Unfortunately, many of the SA's at the stealerships know this and therefore, in my opinion and experience, take liberties. How do you find the SA's at Benz?
Hello again Percy,Mercedes benz so far have been fantastic,there was some outstanding warranty work to be done on the car which they are bending over backward's to do for me and have promised to give me a like for like courtesy car while mine's getting done.Only time will tell but it's been good and the car has everything(toy's)that the BMW did'nt.

Here's a quick pic or two!

Old 04-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Sanj
Hello again Percy,Mercedes benz so far have been fantastic,there was some outstanding warranty work to be done on the car which they are bending over backward's to do for me and have promised to give me a like for like courtesy car while mine's getting done.Only time will tell but it's been good and the car has everything(toy's)that the BMW did'nt.

Here's a quick pic or two!

Very, very nice. I love the quad pipes and diffuser. Interior is also very nice and it looks very neat and tidy! You may have given me some food for thought!"

Quick Reply: Dearlers and bad service