E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!
View Poll Results: De-badge?
YES
52.21%
NO
47.79%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

To De-badge or Not To De-badge

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a cutom 520 liscence plate that is VERY hard to get from the government. Long story short, It's a big thing in my country to have such a liscence plate. But when people see my E60, they gooo woooww nice car,nice liscence plate then once i tell them its a 520i, they go "ohhh,i''m sorry", so i always say, "once you get a better car, come and say ohhh,till now, please keep it to yourself"

so should i keep the liscence plate with the badge or debadge? but if i de-badge, people will think im ashamed of my 520, and thats a BIG NO NOOOO.

you guys vote.thx

Old 07-24-2008, 11:38 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='632210' date='Jul 25 2008, 03:34 AM
I have a cutom 520 liscence plate that is VERY hard to get from the government. Long story short, It's a big thing in my country to have such a liscence plate. But when people see my E60, they gooo woooww nice car,nice liscence plate then once i tell them its a 520i, they go "ohhh,i''m sorry", so i always say, "once you get a better car, come and say ohhh,till now, please keep it to yourself"

so should i keep the liscence plate with the badge or debadge? but if i de-badge, people will think im ashamed of my 520, and thats a BIG NO NOOOO.

you guys vote.thx
Well, if you're not ashamed, and you have absolutely no reason to be, stick with the badge and flash it as much as possible!
Old 07-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Contributors

thx, so can u vote no. Appreciate it. i want to see the results in the end to decide wht to do
Old 07-25-2008, 02:09 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d E60

what is on the license plate that makes it E60 special?

I like de-badged, because of the clean looks. doesn't matter to me if it's a 520 or a 550. let the performance speak for itself.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMDiesel' post='632261' date='Jul 25 2008, 05:09 AM
what is on the license plate that makes it E60 special?

I like de-badged, because of the clean looks. doesn't matter to me if it's a 520 or a 550. let the performance speak for itself.
first of all, i live in lebanon and i have a saudi liscence plate. to explain it better. As if u have an AMERICAN liscence plate driving in England.
Plus my liscence plate says 520 in arabic.u cant really get it unless u have few connections in order to choose ur own liscence plate. people usually get random numbers.

yes it does, give it a cleaner look. IMO, i wanna de-badge it
Old 07-25-2008, 02:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='632210' date='Jul 25 2008, 03:34 AM

you guys vote.thx
For our American members: in lots of foreign countries - UK, Europe, Mid East, Asia - you cannot purchase personalized plates from the registry of motor vehicles. You get random number combinations that you can "buy" that mean something to you. There are auctions for number plates that have letter or number combinations that area appealing. In asia, a plate with 8's (8 is a lucky number) can auction for millions. In the UK for example, people will buy for tens of thousands of pounds, a number plate that may say ASTN 1 or something like that.

Anyway, getting back to the debadging issues - my advice is do what you want. Who gives a crap what other people think. It's your car and there are enough haters out there anyway.

When I lived in Germany ordering cars debadged was common place from the factory - whether you had the 520i or the 540i (this was back in the mid to late 90's) and still common today.

Some people debadged to give the car a sleeper look and others did it to not attract attention or avoid theft when driving in Italy or eastern Europe where a bigger engined car would attract thieves.

Others did it just because it looked better.

Others kept it because they thought it looked better.

Like I said, do what you like...Don't worry about what other people think. It's a beautiful E60 - no matter what engine.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:38 AM
Contributors

thx roadie, appreciate it. I voted for yes, i do wanna debadge it to give it a slicker look.smooth. do u have it debadged?
Old 07-25-2008, 02:49 AM
Members

mines de-badged and i love it way more than when it was there.... at first i thought about it for a longtime, then i took it off and it looks way sleeker....

plus ppl don't know what model it is before the v8 tells them its too late! lol
Old 07-25-2008, 02:52 AM
Contributors

hahah V8, nice

one big reason also is the 520 custom plate number. when people look at the number and the badge, they r like, nicee numberrr. but 520 plate number alone is not a big wow u know?
Old 07-25-2008, 02:59 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 550i

De-badge in my opinion.. not because it is a 520i but just cause it looks better without the badge

Quick Reply: To De-badge or Not To De-badge