E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

DBC,DSC failure when using Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

My car has developed a fault which occurs when I use the Cruise Control on a Motorway in 6th gear i.e. Drive at 65mph and then start the cruise control, then using the cruise control make the car go to 70mph (+5mph interval). At this point I get 3 warnings on my dashboard and the iDrive. These warning all indicate DSC failure, DBC malfunction and Hill Start Assistance Inactive. It's almost like the car cannot handle the extra torque/power that is pushed out needed to accelerate the car for the 5mph extra required.

I thought this fault was related to the SZL module recall because the symptoms of that part failure were also DSC, DBC messages. So I simply thought it was due to that. BMW then took the car in for the recall work and as part of changing the part did a FULL software upgrade.

However the fault is still there and I only experience it on a long motor drive. Ofcourse the fault leaves no trace of it after the car has been switched off and on.

Has anyone else had this experience?
Old 11-24-2006, 03:21 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I hadly ever use CC... but the one time i did on my trip to Vegas I never had a problem. I'm pretty sure I tried all the acceleration methods... increase speed by 1mph and increase speed by 5mph by clicking the stalk past resistance... both worked fine... if it happens all the time I would say take it to the dealer and have the tech ride with you to show him.

Good luck with it. Keep us updated.
Old 11-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I have a slight feeling its related to the DMS setting but Mike and Rob (from DMS) are also looking into this for me. Because without the DMS I did not have this issue. Its something to do with the fact that the Cruise Control demands full power from the ECU when using the +5mph interval and the DMS setting makes that too much to handle. Ofcourse accelerating manually and its all fine.
I should know next week because BMW are having a look into this, I just hope they dont go looking for DMS least the find it. Just wanted to know if anyone else had the problem. With so few 6speed manuals around its hard to find another person with the same configuration to compare notes too.