E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Day 2 - 300km 1st Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 545A Dynamic Drive Pkg (Active Steering; Active Stabilization) Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, CD Changer, Rain sensor wipers, Red Rear reflectors

Just as the odo turned 300km, I adjusted my seat and tried to store it but no luck , the seat keeps going back to its previous settings. I tried putting the car in Park... shut down, restart the engine.. still no luck. The seat memory won't accept any new settings. The M button doesn't go Red anymore. I haven't tried the passenger side so dont know if it suffers the same problem.

Also, all the FM station presets are wiped... my favourite mpg has gone back to l/100km ! but other idrive settings are still intact.

Any ideas?? it's hot today in Toronto 27C unbelievable.. weather too hot for the car??? How do you reboot idrive?

Other than that... one fast driving machine... went over 4500rpm today ...oops maybe that's why ... I fried something.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Contributors

The first days after my car was delivered it behaved very erratic in the iDrive/stored info department. After a week next to all of the anomalies went away. I really don?t buy any theory of machines fixing themselves but I recalled something that was hinted at in this list about low power supply possibly causing electronic malfunctioning. When the dealer demoed the functions of the car for about ten minutes in the showroom at delivery the low battery warning came on and later that made me speculate a theory on new cars (that might have had no recharging for several weeks actually) needing some time to get balance in the power system. The odd things that happened the first days was mostly related to reverting to original settings and ignoring stored info + various sensor mismatches (computer i/o related). Examples included going back to german as iDrive language, losing radio presets and phonebook, radio starting when car was parked and no key in etc.
The settings actually came back after reboot etc. and I was happy with that. I do think however that if my theory is correct some tweaking to the electronic power supply should be done on future cars or at least info given to dealers and owners to avoid worries and perhaps unnecessary shop visits.

just a theory
best
objetti
Old 09-24-2004, 04:17 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545A Dynamic Drive Pkg (Active Steering; Active Stabilization) Sport Pkg, Premium Sound, CD Changer, Rain sensor wipers, Red Rear reflectors

I did get the "High Battery Drain" (or something like that) warning after I started the car in the morning. That's consistent with your theory

Seat memory store function is working again !
Old 09-24-2004, 08:22 PM
Contributors

If only there was a volt meter to show the battery was low for whatever reason. The low batt. message only comes on at some preset threshold. A meter would prove that the battery was GETTING low before it was a critical issue.