E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dash rattle after windshield replacement

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 06:45 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black, keep my passenger seat extra clean after I(married/3kids) drop off my new mistress(half black/half indian gives great head even though I have Jock itch/yeast infection), don't want anything leaking from her crotch after I have my way with her
Question

Hi ALL,

I just had my windshied replaced on my 1 month old 05 525i(stress crack from assembly). Since the windshield has been replaced it sounds like the entire dash is rattling going over certain bumps not all. (railroad tracks, rumble strips). Has anyone ever experienced this rattle. I have been told by the dealer that nothing is touched on the inside with the windshield replacment.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by stoogefan' date='Mar 1 2005, 08:45 PM
Hi ALL,

I just had my windshied replaced on my 1 month old 05 525i(stress crack from assembly). Since the windshield has been replaced it sounds like the entire dash? is rattling going over certain bumps not all. (railroad tracks, rumble strips). Has anyone ever experienced this rattle.? I have been told by the dealer that nothing is touched on the inside with the windshield replacment.
[snapback]95887[/snapback]
I bet there is a cure time, and that it will become quieter (will depend on weather too). It will probably tighten up in coming days, and you will notice it less. I recall the same happening with a Volvo V70 I had a few years back. In addition to rattles, you could also hear more than normal wind noise. It dissipated and eventually went away after a few days.
Old 03-02-2005, 03:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Watch out for increased wind noise after replacement and dont let them get away with it. I had my screen replaced 3 months ago and it had to go back in 3 times before the wind noise was fixed. According to the fitter everyone has problems fitting E60 screens correctly and any imperfection can cause swirling noises above 70mph. Mine had problems with both the refitting of the trims and an incomplete seal. I had to be very persistent to get this fixed.

I also have recently deveoped an annoying rattle from the dash but I dont believe this is connected to the windscreen problem. Just another quality issue that I believe a few of us have experienced