E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Dallas/FT Worth Texas Area E60 Owners Check In!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadBengal' date='May 12 2005, 02:09 PM
Hi - I am a new owner of a 2004 530i purchased in CA and I am looking for a little help from you Dallas folks. I have head horror stories about getting good service from the dealers in the Dallas area and I wanted to get your opinion.? Is there one dealer that actually stands out for service? I am in the North Carrollton area so I am not really close to any of the dealerships; service is the most import issue. Thanks? - Hopefully this was not a hijack. - will add signature soon.
[snapback]127661[/snapback]
Thanks alohalc - Great site!
Old 05-12-2005, 02:02 PM
Senior Members

you are welcome . btw, if you want to reply my message, hit the "reply" button on the lower right corner of that message .
Old 05-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 X5 4.8i

Originally Posted by RoadBengal' date='May 12 2005, 03:09 PM
Hi - I am a new owner of a 2004 530i purchased in CA and I am looking for a little help from you Dallas folks. I have head horror stories about getting good service from the dealers in the Dallas area and I wanted to get your opinion.? Is there one dealer that actually stands out for service? I am in the North Carrollton area so I am not really close to any of the dealerships; service is the most import issue. Thanks? - Hopefully this was not a hijack. - will add signature soon.
I bought a 525 from John Roberts (now BMW of Dallas) back in 2001 after owning a Lexus serviced by Sewell. John Roberts is not even close to the level of professionalism of Sewell, but their service was always satisfactory. I'll be taking my new 545 (purchased out of town) there for service. Good luck!
Old 05-12-2005, 02:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='May 12 2005, 04:02 PM
you are welcome .? btw, if you want to reply my message, hit the "reply" button on the lower right corner of that message .
[snapback]127745[/snapback]
Yes - Hopefully, I'll get it right this time . Now you know why newbie is below my user name
Old 05-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by derrickj' date='May 12 2005, 03:57 PM
[quote name='RoadBengal' date='May 12 2005, 03:09 PM']Hi - I am a new owner of a 2004 530i purchased in CA and I am looking for a little help from you Dallas folks. I have head horror stories about getting good service from the dealers in the Dallas area and I wanted to get your opinion.? Is there one dealer that actually stands out for service? I am in the North Carrollton area so I am not really close to any of the dealerships; service is the most import issue. Thanks? - Hopefully this was not a hijack. - will add signature soon.

Welcome! I can only vouch for my experince with BMW of Dallas. While I would say that their SA's would get a "c" rating, if you go in armed the knowledge you gain on this board, the technicians are pretty good. I met the GM of Classic BMW by chance, and he offered to take care of me in the future. I have no personal experience with the dealership, but I was impressed with the GM and he and I had a long conversation. I think I am going to stick with BMW of Dallas for now, but these cars are so new that I think most dealerships are behind the knowledge curve.
[snapback]127742[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thanks for your input - It is hard to change once you start working with someone. Neither of the dealers are rated that high on the dealerrater.com site, but there is one SA that seems to be a bit of a star at Classic. We will see what happens.
Old 05-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by paulwbenn' date='May 12 2005, 04:14 PM
[quote name='RoadBengal' date='May 12 2005, 03:09 PM']Hi - I am a new owner of a 2004 530i purchased in CA and I am looking for a little help from you Dallas folks. I have head horror stories about getting good service from the dealers in the Dallas area and I wanted to get your opinion.? Is there one dealer that actually stands out for service? I am in the North Carrollton area so I am not really close to any of the dealerships; service is the most import issue. Thanks? - Hopefully this was not a hijack. - will add signature soon.
I bought a 525 from John Roberts (now BMW of Dallas) back in 2001 after owning a Lexus serviced by Sewell. John Roberts is not even close to the level of professionalism of Sewell, but their service was always satisfactory. I'll be taking my new 545 (purchased out of town) there for service. Good luck!
[snapback]127750[/snapback]
[/quote]
Thanks
Old 05-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RoadBengal' date='May 12 2005, 12:56 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='May 12 2005, 04:02 PM']you are welcome .? btw, if you want to reply my message, hit the "reply" button on the lower right corner of that message .
[snapback]127745[/snapback]
Yes - Hopefully, I'll get it right this time . Now you know why newbie is below my user name
[snapback]127776[/snapback]
[/quote]
yup, you got it right .
Old 05-12-2005, 04:19 PM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by derrickj' date='May 12 2005, 04:57 PM
Welcome!? I can only vouch for my experince with BMW of Dallas.? While I would say that their SA's would get a "c" rating, if you go in armed the knowledge you gain on this board, the technicians are pretty good.? I met the GM of Classic BMW by chance, and he offered to take care of me in the future.? I have no personal experience with the dealership, but I was impressed with the GM and he and I had a long conversation.? I think I am going to stick with BMW of Dallas for now, but these cars are so new that I think most dealerships are behind the knowledge curve.
[snapback]127742[/snapback]
Taking mine in to BMW of Dallas in the morning. Dealing with my SA is like dealing with the enemy. Seems to take pride in ignorance 'cause she never learns anything new. I tried Classic with my 540 and they were quick to find things to fix that Autoscope said were still within specs. I would be afraid to take a 545 to Autoscope, especially since it is within warranty. Moritz is too far for me and a loaner would not be involved. Looks like I'm stuck with the mediocre service of BMW of Dallas.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Senior Members

JDN - sounds like we have the same SA! Some times I wonder were the broom is? I had no issues with my 97 M3 at Roberts

Had great experience with my M5 at Classic. We get the X5 4.6is serviced at Classic as well. Ask for Pat Arnold.

Mortiz is just too far!

Good Luck
Old 05-13-2005, 10:33 AM
JDN
Contributors

Well, at least she acted like she was interested this time. All we did was a warranty oil change and out again. I left a claim for the split wheels from last November with her - along with a thread from this forum. She's moving it up the line for me. We'll see how it turns out.

Quick Reply: Dallas/FT Worth Texas Area E60 Owners Check In!