E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Creeking doors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Sport Auto
Thumbs up

Now the outside temperature has increased the door creeking is back.

Has anyone with a 2005 E60 encountered this problem?

Reason why I ask is I'm about to offload my Sept 03 Bangle Bolloxed model and would like to think I can have a creek free time with a later model. Anyone know if BMW has finally sorted this problem!
Old 03-21-2005, 02:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Mar 21 2005, 02:55 PM

[snapback]104760[/snapback]
Funny, I notice it (minor creaks) after a cold night. With warmer weather the creaks go away. I have been told that I have the latest door seals so I assume thats what 05s have. Now they still might have improved the door alignment or done something that stops the body flex.
Old 03-21-2005, 05:12 PM

late 2003/early2004 530 here, in uk.
just started creaking/rattling in drivers door yesterday, 6000 miles on the clock, seems very aggravated when crossing bumps etc, feels like the whole chasis is flexing.
The weather just got nice last couple of days, but didnt notice nay creaking last summer, so im new to this episode of "life with the e60"!
It seems to be coming either from the b pillar( seat belt area) or where the door meets the b-pillar, plus thebacking vocals of rear seats creaks of course!
Whats the info/resolution on this situation please?
Old 03-21-2005, 05:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Mar 21 2005, 06:12 PM
late 2003/early2004 530 here, in uk.
just started creaking/rattling in drivers door yesterday, 6000 miles on the clock, seems very aggravated when crossing bumps etc, feels like the whole chasis is flexing.
The weather just got nice last couple of days, but didnt notice nay creaking last summer, so im new to this episode of "life with the e60"!
It seems to be coming either from the b pillar( seat belt area) or where the door meets the b-pillar, plus thebacking vocals of rear seats creaks of course!
Whats the info/resolution on this situation please?
[snapback]104832[/snapback]
Try applying Carboflo on the felt seals on all four doors. It may help.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:10 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Mar 21 2005, 10:55 PM

Reason why I ask is I'm about to offload my Sept 03 Bangle Bolloxed model and would like to think I can have a creek free time with a later model. Anyone know if BMW has finally sorted this problem!

Merv the Derv,
have not noticed any creaks from my doors as yet, ok so the car is only 4 days old right now and it might be too early to speak but all seems well so far. i seem to recall a thread not so long ago where someone mentioned the door seals on week 9 cars have not been redesigned? might have to search for it.

i had the creaking in my old car and just applied carbaflo and it went away and never came back, if the creaking reappears i'll just do same again.

slightly off topic but any news on the arrival of your new car? i think it is going to be a mirror image of my car but you've obviously gone for the tractor engine in yours you will enjoy it when it arrives though...the whole m-sport package is just excellent, sad as it seems but my favourite bit could well be the M badged steering wheel, coupled with the servotronic steering...its always the insignificant things that make the difference
Old 03-21-2005, 11:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i-Alpine White

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Mar 22 2005, 02:10 AM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Mar 21 2005, 10:55 PM']Now the outside temperature has increased the door creeking is back.

Merv the Derv,
have not noticed any creaks from my doors as yet, ok so the car is only 4 days old right now and it might be too early to speak but all seems well so far. i seem to recall a thread not so long ago where someone mentioned the door seals on week 9 cars have not been redesigned? might have to search for it.

slightly off topic but any news on the arrival of your new car? i think it is going to be a mirror image of my car but you've obviously gone for the tractor engine in yours you will enjoy it when it arrives though...the whole m-sport package is just excellent, sad as it seems but my favourite bit could well be the M badged steering wheel, coupled with the servotronic steering...its always the insignificant things that make the difference
[snapback]104930[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have an 05 and it creaks all the time. They carbaflo'd the car but still they creak. A BMW service person is supposed to look at it. I my opinion a 50K car should not creak.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 530d (Jan 2005) premium pack, pro nav, steptronic

Originally Posted by northernmonkey' date='Mar 22 2005, 09:10 AM
[quote name='Merv the Derv' date='Mar 21 2005, 10:55 PM']Now the outside temperature has increased the door creeking is back.

Merv the Derv,

i had the creaking in my old car and just applied carbaflo and it went away and never came back, if the creaking reappears i'll just do same again.

[snapback]104930[/snapback]
[/quote]
I have noticed window creacks (front) on my 2 months old car. BMW France told me they should change the windows seal. Nothing with the doors yet.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 M5/SMG (LCI) Interlagos Blue/Black Merino Aux input, sun protection glass, Bluetooth, Voice control

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Mar 21 2005, 10:55 PM

(In UK)
Funny ... mine also started creaking this weekend. EXTREMELY annoying. My wife tells me not to let it get to me!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING!.. I've read the threads on carbaflo. Mixed reports about it. Works for some, not for others. My Dad works for Fords, and he's taking a trip to the relevant area to speak with the technicians there and see if they have any other brand of lubricant that can help. Will report on how it works + brand.

On your new car, good choice. I only have an SE, but with Sports sus and sports steering wheels. I had the Sports Aero pack put on retofit, and with your recommendation took a trip to Elite to purchase Alpina 19s. Silver Grey + Sports kit looks amazing in my opinion. Really draws some admiring looks.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

After giving my car a coat of wax this weekend my passenger window started creaking too..

I thought there were new door rubbers developped that stopped the creaking noises..
Old 03-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Members

My Ride: 530d (Jan 2005) premium pack, pro nav, steptronic

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Mar 22 2005, 09:37 AM
After giving my car a coat of wax this weekend my passenger window started creaking too..?

I thought there were new door rubbers developped that stopped the creaking noises..
[snapback]104938[/snapback]
You should go to your dealer to replace it. Will do next week.
Not sure new produced cars get the improved rubbers yet.

Quick Reply: Creeking doors?