E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Creaking windows/doors...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

OK, waxed the car yesterday and this morning the doors were unbelievable. My first time (be gentle!) with the door issue. I know about the carbaflo solution and have done the search and found the official BMW memo about applying it. Sounds like should be a DIY job. Question for those who have done it: 1) is it as easy as it sounds? 2) I've seen comments about how expensive the carbaflo is, but how much, in $US if anyone here in the states has done it? 3) Or will/should the dealer do this as warranty work? I stopped by the dealer today to replace my dingy gray floor mats and asked one of the service advisors about it. He said make the appt., there was nothing I could put on to stop it and that they may even have to "adjust" the doors. This was not my regular SA, so I trust him about as far as I can throw him. Thanks in advance for the tips, of course I came to the real source of all E60 knowledge for the real scoop...
Old 02-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Feb 22 2005, 01:52 AM
OK, waxed the car yesterday and this morning the doors were unbelievable.? My first time (be gentle!) with the door issue.? I know about the carbaflo solution and
Hi,

To take care of the problem you have to apply Silicon Remover first and then Carbaflo.
Old 02-21-2005, 03:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by jmcaiado' date='Feb 21 2005, 06:04 PM
Hi,

To take care of the problem you have to apply Silicon Remover first and then Carbaflo.
[snapback]92986[/snapback]
Hello, yes thank you, I know about the silicone remover first, just curious if dealers were doing this under warranty and if not how much the carbaflo was vs. the likely 2 hrs @ $80/hr my dealer would charge if it were not covered under warranty. If it's not done under warranty, I'll probably do it myself and avoid leaving the car at the dealer for most of a day.
Old 02-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Steptronic, Premium, PDC, Logic7

I've been quite careful not to get any wax in there but nevertheless, I managed to make the passenger door start sqeeking a bit. I wiped it down with clean hot water and a new microfibre cloth and it seems to have gotten better (gone away I am hoping).
Old 02-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Nothing to boast about!

I used to use BMW's leather care on the felt. It worked for 1-2 weeks, and they would be back.

About 1.5 months ago, I used a cheaper leather care that I found in my storeroom and I made sure I put quite a fair bit on the felt, and massaged it. It's been quiet since. I hope they will stay quiet.
Old 02-22-2005, 12:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by DXXXi' date='Feb 22 2005, 05:55 AM
I've been quite careful not to get any wax in there but nevertheless, I managed to make the passenger door start sqeeking a bit.? I wiped it down with clean hot water and a new microfibre cloth and it seems to have gotten better (gone away I am hoping).
I think I'm suffering from this! Where's the 'in there'?
Old 02-22-2005, 12:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

I had this - after the last time I waxed my car - even though I and pretty sure I did not get any wax in the door seals. About 3 days afterwards the noise started.

Luckily it was going into BMW for a whole bunch of other issues and they fixed it for me (for free) with carbaflo. It came back after about 2 days

I have spoken to the dealer and they said just pop it back in an they will try again while I wait. Fortunately the problem has disappeared - although I expect it back. Next time I go in I will ask them for a free bottle of the stuff.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:55 AM
Members

BMW has new doors seals, going into production from week 9 2005. I have complained about this issue since I got the (april -04) car and BMW now admits that the seals are the problem.

I' got the new seals last week (or BMW had to take the car back) and so far no problems at all.

BMW is not going to tell You something about this, avoiding to swap all seals from all produced cars before week 9 2005.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:11 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

Originally Posted by Reine' date='Feb 22 2005, 10:55 AM
BMW has new doors seals, going into production from week 9 2005. I have complained about this issue since I got the (april -04) car and BMW now admits that the seals are the problem.

I' got the new seals last week (or BMW had to take the car back) and so far no problems at all.

BMW is not going to tell You something about this, avoiding to swap all seals from all produced cars before week 9 2005.
[snapback]93096[/snapback]
interesting - I will beat up my dealer about this and hopefully get the new seals. Many thanks for the info.
Old 02-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530dA 05/2004

@Reine

You're perfectly right. The same with me. Got them lately and no more noise.

Quick Reply: Creaking windows/doors...