E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Cracked windshields

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 07:17 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had a new windscreen. The car was supposed to come with a green gradually tinted stripe, but it didn't. It does now. Good thing aswell, because I managed to get it chipped within a week..
Old 08-04-2004, 08:02 AM
Members

whooo hooo ... just got a call from my dealer. Confirmed that BMW would change it on warranty. So off she goes next week .... just have to drive her this weekend.

Thanks guys. This is the forum!!!
Old 08-04-2004, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by LogicMan' date='Aug 4 2004, 06:02 PM
Thanks guys. This is the forum!!!
The one and only...
Old 08-08-2004, 04:44 AM
ron
Members

my 545 will be going to the dealer in NJ next week
hope they are accomidating
Old 08-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Aug 4 2004, 09:17 AM
I just had a new windscreen. The car was supposed to come with a green gradually tinted stripe, but it didn't. It does now. Good thing aswell, because I managed to get it chipped within a week..
Flowerfred, I didn't choose for the green strip but Andy545 was so enthusiastic about it I might get a windshield with it if I my current windscreen gets damaged.. Do you want to make a picture of it so I can see how it looks with the rest of the car???

TIA!!
Old 08-08-2004, 09:55 AM
Contributors

Could do. (but it's a green stripe, not that hard to imagine)
Old 08-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I have little fantasy...

So it's time for my favorite smiley again!

You guys are gonna hate this smiley
Attached Thumbnails Cracked windshields-worthlesspics.gif  
Old 08-08-2004, 12:30 PM
Contributors

ok,ok.. it is dark outside now. Is that a problem for you?
Old 08-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Contributors

It would be better with some sunlight.. I bet lomaq can put it in his gallery too with a picture from a car without the green sunlightbar
Old 10-08-2004, 11:59 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"

UPDATE!

I just made an appointment for next week (it's about time!) to have my windshield replaced under warranty with a loaner at Prestige BMW in NJ!

What a great experience i had with them so far, my local dealer (will not name names) said their next available appointment was not until near Thanksgiving!

I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome.

Quick Reply: Cracked windshields