E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Countdown to Munich

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2004, 11:14 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i step, nav, sport, 166 wheels, premium sound, don't need nothin' else.
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Any last minute suggestions for our ED trip? Would love to hear from recent visitors and EDer's. Tell me your must see's and your should've skipped. Best wishes to all...
Old 12-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Don't have high expectations for a reasonable shipping time after you drop your car off. The supposed "high priority" for ED cars and "6 to 8 weeks" to ship it back to you is a joke. Take a look at: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5680 My experience in this are has been unacceptable. Other than that, my wife and I had a great two weeks in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. It was a lot easier than I expected it to be. Good luck.
Old 12-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by gwf545' date='Dec 26 2004, 02:08 PM
Don't have high expectations for a reasonable shipping time after you drop your car off. The supposed "high priority" for ED cars and "6 to 8 weeks" to ship it back to you is a joke.? Take a look at: http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=5680?? My experience in this are has been unacceptable.? Other than that, my wife and I had a great two weeks in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.? It was a lot easier than I expected it to be.? Good luck.
[snapback]72596[/snapback]
Its not really that bad. There are many things that are out of BMWs control. Time in customs, holidays like thanksgiving and Christmas, damage to your car, emissions recall programing etc.

I dropped off on July 30 in Nice. My car was at my dealer in SoCal on September 20th. It was delayed at the VPC because they ordered and changed a wheel that was curb dinged.
Old 12-26-2004, 01:00 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Just be careful when you're there, Drive Safely!
Old 12-26-2004, 01:35 PM
TMC
Members

Yeah, definitely be careful. Not a good time of the year to be blasting up and down Autobahn's for the first time!
Old 12-26-2004, 01:45 PM
Contributors

Where are you planning to go on your trip? We went through Munich, Salzburg, Prague and Vienna and all were fantastic. The redelivery process for us was flawless. We dropped off the car at E.H. Harms on May 27 and it was at my dealer on July 5.
Old 12-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by branie555' date='Dec 26 2004, 03:14 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all. Any last minute suggestions for our ED trip? Would love to hear from recent visitors and EDer's. Tell me your must see's and your should've skipped. Best wishes to all...
[snapback]72592[/snapback]
Keep us posted .We leave Jan.10th.You hear a lot of bad things about the weather but you also hear that the roads get a first class clean up job in a hurry after a snow.Good luck
vern
PS If the weather is to bad use the train thats what we plan on doing.
Old 12-26-2004, 02:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Its not really that bad. There are many things that are out of BMWs control. Time in customs, holidays like thanksgiving and Christmas, damage to your car, emissions recall programing etc.

I dropped off on July 30 in Nice. My car was at my dealer in SoCal on September 20th. It was delayed at the VPC because they ordered and changed a wheel that was curb dinged.
[snapback]72610[/snapback]
[/quote]

I suppose you are right. However, I can't help but question the inefficiency of this whole process. It seems, well, just plain stupid for a car to spend so much time in transit and then "waiting around" for VPC. I have a hard time with it, especially because I had my car for 2 weeks and it was fine. What on earth more could they need to do to them that warrants all this stupid wait time? I know, new software is loaded, etc. But, why do it as a post-process? Why not do it right the first time? This must be very expensive for BMW. Especailly for cars that have not already been sold. So much is invested in just-in-time inventory management and in efficiently manufacturing them, then it is just wasted in "corrective" back-end VPC processing.
Old 12-26-2004, 03:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530i 6speed

on the east side its quick. for me it was 30 days on the nose.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Senior Members

branie555, my suggestion to you is if you are going with your wife/gf, don't bring your wallet .

Quick Reply: Countdown to Munich