E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Could this be the holy grail to LCI headlight retrofit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

As you can see from various posts, I'm in the process of retrofitting Adaptive Bixenon headlights onto my 09/2005 E60.

At first I thought it would be best to get pre lci headlights to fit pre lci car and change the wiring harness. As others have found it very difficult to add LCI normal xenons with some rewiring success, let alone adpative ones.

Now, whilst on my long research mission, I came across the following part. Could this be all that is needed to use existing pre lci wiring to connect to LCI headlights:

Pre-LCI to LCI Headlight adapter :-)

The instructions seem to indicate this. Also it allows for Adaptive Xenons to be used. Surely this can't be the case, especially at $38!!!

If so, then why hasn't anyone picked up on this before?

Your input would be interesting.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Original E60 Spec: 530i - Silver Grey Out, Black Dakota Leather In, Navigation Pro, Voice Command, HiFi Audio, Sports Package, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package w/ Heated Seats, Style# 123 Alloy Track Wheels, Auto AC, Power Front Seats, Active Turn Xennon Headlights, Mods: OEM M-Tech Front Bumper, OEM M Side Skirts, OEM M5 Rear Bumper, M5 Trunk Lid Finisher, M5 Style Mirrors, Custom Hamann Style Splitter, Custom Hartge Style Diffuser, RD Sport Boot Spoiler, LCI Taillights, Bruce Miranda's V4 LCI Retro Cables, 6000K Xenon light Bulbs, Xenon White LED License Plate Lights, 8000K HID 9006 Fog Lights, Akalius� Front Headlight Euro Overlays, Matte Black Kidney Grilles, E60.Net Clings, Debadged, Llumar Tinting "Micro Edged, 15% Rear 35% Sides, Engine Mods: Custom Magnaflow Quad Exhaust w/ Eisenmann Stamped 3� Tips, RPI Scoop (Red) Added Electronics: V1 Equipped (Hardwired), OEM Alpine CD Changer Retrofit, Shoes: SOLD-20" Staggered Vertini Hennesey Rims, Falcon 452's Tires-SOLD New Shoes: 19" VMR 710 Hyper Silver, General Exclaim UHP 245/35/19 Front-275/30/19 Rear, Gloss Silver Caliper Paint Job DIY ^_____________ Retired ______________ Took Delivery 10/26/2009: LOADED! E60 M5 Silverstone II/Black, Active Seats, Comfort Ventilated/Heated Seats, HUD, Brushed Aluminum Trim,

Originally Posted by Abbizle' post='1070322' date='Dec 8 2009, 12:52 PM
Hi All,

As you can see from various posts, I'm in the process of retrofitting Adaptive Bixenon headlights onto my 09/2005 E60.

At first I thought it would be best to get pre lci headlights to fit pre lci car and change the wiring harness. As others have found it very difficult to add LCI normal xenons with some rewiring success, let alone adpative ones.

Now, whilst on my long research mission, I came across the following part. Could this be all that is needed to use existing pre lci wiring to connect to LCI headlights:

Pre-LCI to LCI Headlight adapter :-)

The instructions seem to indicate this. Also it allows for Adaptive Xenons to be used. Surely this can't be the case, especially at $38!!!

If so, then why hasn't anyone picked up on this before?

Your input would be interesting.

If I recall correctly, members have used this kit for their retrofit. I think member brabus209amg used this along with a new LCM for the retrofit. You will also need a reprogram from the dealer.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:01 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

This is nothing new. Its BMW's solution to retrofitting the LCI lights on pre-LCI cars. Loads of people have done it here on the forum. But its not cheap. It not only requires this cable but to complete the mod you MUST buy the new LCI headlights and tail-lights, you MAY need a new LCM, you WILL need hours of labour and reprogramming.

I have lots of these headlight plugs left over from when I used to use these kits to get the plugs for the rear lights. I'll send them to you for postage only if you want.

But even with this lots of people have had issues. There's one famous LED guy in NY that springs to mind recently
Old 12-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Members

Excellent. So it works.

When you mean new LCM, does this mean a new LCI LCM? Can't you reprogram an existing xenon/adaptive LCM, pre LCI?

Also, I have standard pre LCI halogens, but fall firmly in the date range at 09/2005. Can I use this or will I have to still get a wiring harness for xenon/adaptive?

It also shows the rear lights, so this will work for both front and rear LCI lights?
Old 12-08-2009, 10:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

This is what happens when you write more than 1 line as a reply, someone beats you to it and then the joke falls flat.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Abbizle' post='1070335' date='Dec 8 2009, 07:03 PM
Excellent. So it works.

When you mean new LCM, does this mean a new LCI LCM? Can't you reprogram an existing xenon/adaptive LCM, pre LCI?

Also, I have standard pre LCI halogens, but fall firmly in the date range at 09/2005. Can I use this or will I have to still get a wiring harness for xenon/adaptive?

It also shows the rear lights, so this will work for both front and rear LCI lights?
You will need a Sep 2006 onward LCM, just shows that you were not listening to a darn thing I was saying the other day when we spoke

The newer LCMs have additional outputs required for the new LCI lights. The one you bought is, well how can I put this, useless - for retrofitting LCI lights.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Members

LOL.

I'm also thinking the same, more than one line of questioning and people tend to get put off in answering so many questions.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Members

Yes Bruce, I've checked his thread out. It is incomplete and he seems to think the older 03/2005 to 09/2006 LCM can be reprogrammed to work with this.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Can this be used to retrofit LCI xenons to pre-LCI halogens.
I only ask because when I was looking into the bi-xenon retrofit, my local dealers parts department said you would have stick to halogen LCIs headlights.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Abbizle' post='1070360' date='Dec 8 2009, 07:25 PM
Yes Bruce, I've checked his thread out. It is incomplete and he seems to think the older 03/2005 to 09/2006 LCM can be reprogrammed to work with this.
And then in that same thread he says that he had to get a new LCM and get it reprogrammed.

https://5series.net/forums/index.php?showto...st&p=989990

Quick Reply: Could this be the holy grail to LCI headlight retrofit?