E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Costco a good place to replace E60 Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 03:41 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they were cheapier than anyone else for wife's tires so I went with them. I did notice they were not cheapier for buddies truck so looking around the net is defiantly worth your time

Originally Posted by Maini
Just looked up here... still too expensive and they charge for shipping... More expensive than discounttiredirect.com
Old 09-21-2013, 11:38 AM
Contributors

I'm sure they can deal with TPMS's since more and more cars have them now. BUT, and it's a BIGGIE, Costco may not have the proper equipment and sufficiently experienced staff to correctly remove RFT's without damaging your wheels!

Careful, even a wheel and tire store might say they can but I'd want to be sure there is a line of high end cars at their door waiting for their services.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Received 99 Likes on 95 Posts
My Ride: 530xi
Model Year: 2007
Engine: N52

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
Just take the best online tire price to your local America's tires and they will price match it.
Yeah, but typically they will add back the shipping fee and sales taxes. I always tell these people: You've not doing me any favors by MATCHING the price. You'll have to BEAT it.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:20 PM
New Members

My Ride: 08 535xi Prem, Sport, Cold, Monaco blue/Natural Brown

Originally Posted by Maini
Go with discounttiredirect.com and buy from there.. best prices.. free shipping... better than costco and tire rack. I just installed Continental DWS made in Germany tire.. it is awesome.. total cost to me out of the door with free lifetime repairs, rotation and balancing.. was $132 per tire..
WHAT??? The Discounttiredirect website lists these tires at $148 each with free shipping...plus tax, plus installation.

How do you get to $132?? I wanna know because I need tires badly and your pricing rocks...if its real.

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct
Old 09-23-2013, 05:03 PM
Members

My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by andymax
WHAT??? The Discounttiredirect website lists these tires at $148 each with free shipping...plus tax, plus installation.

How do you get to $132?? I wanna know because I need tires badly and your pricing rocks...if its real.

Tire Details - Discount Tire Direct
OK.. I bough in June.. they has a $50 Visa Car and a $100 Adidas Car rebate. I am in CA so the shipping is free and Tax is free too.. So the math is $564 for 4 tires -$150 rebates and +112 for installation, lifetime balancing, rotation and repair, TPMS renewal and CA disposal and tax etc. Total $526 out of the door so $131.5 per tire
HOpe this helps
Old 09-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by jayarras
Yeah, but typically they will add back the shipping fee and sales taxes. I always tell these people: You've not doing me any favors by MATCHING the price. You'll have to BEAT it.
I am usually able to find sites with free shipping on tires. Tax I don't sweat since I figure on paying it unless they are offering the tires with no tax.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:28 PM
H F
New Members

My Ride: 2005 545

I tried Costco, But im hooked on Hankook Ventus V12 EVO cause they stick like contact cement.;; and Costco dont carry Hankooks.
LIke Booyaazaa says.. Americas Tire is the way to go they will price match and beat any tire price. The service is top notch Ive been going there for years, long before I bought my 545.Really happy with their service.
Old 09-24-2013, 05:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 535i wagon

At least one BMW owner reported his Costco would only replace runflat tires with runflat tires. Costco tire service SUCKS!

I have a friend that replaced his runflat tires with Continental DWS tires a couple years ago and was pleased with the result. However, he did report that the handling was not quite as sharp as he hoped. In a Tire Rack test, it was reported the DWS did not feel quite as nimble as other tires in the test group. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=177

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 tires were recently top rated by Consumer Reports in the UHP all season tire group. Oddly, the Continental DWS was downgraded by CR in part for poor snow traction, while Tire Rack's survey gives these tires excellent ratings in snow.

Tire Rack in the test linked above concluded that the Michelin A/S3 tires reset the performance standard for all season tires. Michelin's own published data indicates the A/S3 is a significant upgrade in most characteristics over the Pilot Sport AS Plus it replaced. Michelin Sums Up the New Pilot Sport AS/3 by Spider Chart - Popular Mechanics
Old 09-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
I am usually able to find sites with free shipping on tires. Tax I don't sweat since I figure on paying it unless they are offering the tires with no tax.
Discounttiredirect.com s free shipping in California AND No TAx...
I am in CA too and just did this in June... unless something has changed since then...
Old 09-24-2013, 08:29 AM
New Members

My Ride: BMW 535i 2010

Originally Posted by Michiganmike
At least one BMW owner reported his Costco would only replace runflat tires with runflat tires. Costco tire service SUCKS!

I have a friend that replaced his runflat tires with Continental DWS tires a couple years ago and was pleased with the result. However, he did report that the handling was not quite as sharp as he hoped. In a Tire Rack test, it was reported the DWS did not feel quite as nimble as other tires in the test group. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=177

Michelin Pilot Sport A/S3 tires were recently top rated by Consumer Reports in the UHP all season tire group. Oddly, the Continental DWS was downgraded by CR in part for poor snow traction, while Tire Rack's survey gives these tires excellent ratings in snow.

Tire Rack in the test linked above concluded that the Michelin A/S3 tires reset the performance standard for all season tires. Michelin's own published data indicates the A/S3 is a significant upgrade in most characteristics over the Pilot Sport AS Plus it replaced. Michelin Sums Up the New Pilot Sport AS/3 by Spider Chart - Popular Mechanics
Is this the upgrade to Michelin's Super Sport II? What's the best route to getting this new A/S 3 installed? Buy from Tirerack and have America's Tire install them?

$802 for set of 4 after rebate seems like a pretty decent deal. Will America's Tire price match?

Quick Reply: Costco a good place to replace E60 Tires?