E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Costco a good place to replace E60 Tires?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 01:24 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 535i 2010
Default Costco a good place to replace E60 Tires?

Does anyone know if Costco knows how to replace the tires on these E60 535i? I still have the original run flats on mine, and am thinking about replacing them with normal all season michelins when the time comes to replace.

So here's my question:

Does the TPMS sensor need to be reset? When the tire shop remove the old tire from the rim, will they know how to remove the TPMS sensors safely and then to put them onto the new tires correctly?

I'm thinking of Costco for the replacement, i've used them with my 1998 E320 and 2009 RS350, and both times the tires were replaced without any issues.

Anyone has experience with Costco for their E60 tire replacement?

Also like to know what your favorite replacement tires are for this awesome car. Please list brand and model name and pricing.

Thanks!!

Theo
Old 09-18-2013, 01:38 PM
New Members

My Ride: 04 545i6 Mystic Metallic Blue

They should If they have ever done tires before. Your tpms sensor typically will not be messed with when doing just tires. And you will love the ride going without runflats.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

tpms can be reset through the idrive. +1 non-runflat tires are typically quieter and more comfortable compared to runflats. If the OC isnt too far we do in-house mounting and road-force balancing =)
Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2010

Go with discounttiredirect.com and buy from there.. best prices.. free shipping... better than costco and tire rack. I just installed Continental DWS made in Germany tire.. it is awesome.. total cost to me out of the door with free lifetime repairs, rotation and balancing.. was $132 per tire..
Old 09-19-2013, 04:32 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
My Ride: 530i
Model Year: 2004
Engine: M54

There is nothing special about mounting tires on a BMW. I'm sure Costco is up to the task.

TPMS sensors are mounted to the wheel and do not get touched when mounting new tires. If a TPMS fault is registered, the system can be reset through iDrive.

Good luck with your tire search.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Members

www.treaddepot.com normally has awesome prices.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:40 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: Sold: 545i, sport package, cold weather, 6MT
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

Remember, all cars now have TPMS thanks to NHTSA.

And also remember to thank Ford and Firestone for the 1990s Explorer/tire debacle. That's one of the main reasons we have to have these pesky units.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Members

My Ride: 535
Model Year: 2010

Originally Posted by paul-g
www.treaddepot.com normally has awesome prices.
Just looked up here... still too expensive and they charge for shipping... More expensive than discounttiredirect.com
Old 09-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Just take the best online tire price to your local America's tires and they will price match it. The tpms should not be a problem for them or any competent tire installer. I ditched my RFT'S for Hankook V12's, great price for a nice sticky tire that is good in the rain too. I'm on my second set right now.
Old 09-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Price wise you might be ok, but from my personal experience, Costco is just like any other tire store that sells discounted tires. Chance are if you get a good look at who installs them and then check back in a few weeks they won't be there anymore. Although, it seems pretty staight forward to mount, balance and install tires, Tire Kingdom seemed to really struggle with my car. Three different stores and probably at least six different techs. Not a single one of them could get it right. Constant vibration on new Conti's. Called Conti to complain, and they referred me to another shop for an analysis. This shop was a well establish tire store that had been around for some time, and they were able to balance the tires without any issues and nearly one year later they are still running great! My recommendation is go somewhere where they techs really know what they are doing and you don't have some tire balancer roamer or high school kid learning on your car...

Quick Reply: Costco a good place to replace E60 Tires?