E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Corrosion/rust bubbles on window trim and mirror

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 02:26 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi there my e61 rusted after only 2 years. at the lip of the trunk. i went to the dealer and it was replaced without any discusion. i am living in sweden btw so we have nearly the same conditions on the roads.

strange that the dealer is doing so difficult about it.

i had also rust in my old e36 when i discovered it i went to the paint shop and they removed the rust for me and did some other stuff untill now (i think 2 years already) the rust is still gone. And it costed me 100 sek (11 euro) only.

anyway goodluck
Old 12-17-2007, 02:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jelski' post='507611' date='Dec 17 2007, 12:26 PM
hi there my e61 rusted after only 2 years. at the lip of the trunk. i went to the dealer and it was replaced without any discusion. i am living in sweden btw so we have nearly the same conditions on the roads.

strange that the dealer is doing so difficult about it.

i had also rust in my old e36 when i discovered it i went to the paint shop and they removed the rust for me and did some other stuff untill now (i think 2 years already) the rust is still gone. And it costed me 100 sek (11 euro) only.

anyway goodluck
Thank's for the reply...

We bourght the car in Sweden, when it was brand new, since we lived in Stockholm during that time. Two years ago we moved back to Denmark again, so I might contact BMW Sweden, instead of BMW Denmark. The rust-protection warranty is 12 years in both Denmark and Sweden, so I'm gonna try with a letter to BMW Denmark first. If that dosen't help, I'll contact my old BMW dealer in Stockholm, where we bourght the car back in 2004.