E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

cornering light failure

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 08:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi I have a 530 xd 2008 with xenon active lights.The lights work perfectly except I have a cornering light failure light on dash and on screen.My bmw garage said it was the right hand light . Changed this {used original electronic box alc}.Still the same. The green light is on when auto switch is selected which I'm told is normal.would this flash if elec box was bad.Trouble is if I fit one and fault is still there cannot take it back.no cornering lights come on at all.Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:51 PM
DBU
Contributors

Originally Posted by slan088
Hi I have a 530 xd 2008 with xenon active lights.The lights work perfectly except I have a cornering light failure light on dash and on screen.My bmw garage said it was the right hand light . Changed this {used original electronic box alc}.Still the same. The green light is on when auto switch is selected which I'm told is normal.would this flash if elec box was bad.Trouble is if I fit one and fault is still there cannot take it back.no cornering lights come on at all.Any help would be much appreciated.
"Cornering light" and "adaptive head lights" are not the same thing AFAIK. The wife's X3 has cornering lights, i.e. one of the fog lights come on when you turn. Certainly, the US spec E60 does not have this feature, although it may be programable.

An error in the adaptive headlight system will be indicated by a blinking green light on the headlight switch.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

you had a cornering light fault? did you check the obvious to make sure it wasnt the bulb?
if you changed the module, you probably need to get it programmed.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by DBU
"Cornering light" and "adaptive head lights" are not the same thing AFAIK. The wife's X3 has cornering lights, i.e. one of the fog lights come on when you turn. Certainly, the US spec E60 does not have this feature, although it may be programable.

An error in the adaptive headlight system will be indicated by a blinking green light on the headlight switch.
Thanks for the reply.What confuses me is there is no flashing light.They are adaptive headlights.Changed the one bmw told me was at fault,but still get the warning light on dash and cornering light failure written on display.Have checked the bulbs ok.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:12 AM
Members

Originally Posted by turboawd
you had a cornering light fault? did you check the obvious to make sure it wasnt the bulb?
if you changed the module, you probably need to get it programmed.
Hi, checked bulbs before i changed the headlight.as the light does not flash is it something simple,thanks
Old 09-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

Hi, checked bulbs before i changed the headlight.as the light does not flash is it something simple,thanks
so you changed the whole light?? and used the exisiting light modules?

and when you say 'cornering light', are you referring to the aux light that turns on to illumnate to the side during a turn?
Old 09-17-2012, 01:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by turboawd
so you changed the whole light?? and used the exisiting light modules?

and when you say 'cornering light', are you referring to the aux light that turns on to illumnate to the side during a turn?
thats correct.have been told to change electronic box alc but was also told that the gren light switch would flash if this box was at fault.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2014 535 Alpine White

The corning lights are the inner lights of the headlights. Turn your headlights on and cut the steering wheel all the way left or right, the inner bulb lights up to assist with turning a corner. If the bulb doesnt light up replace it.
Old 09-22-2012, 02:56 AM
Members

Hi niether light comes on when I do this even though they are new bulbs, thanks for your imput
Old 09-22-2012, 05:04 AM
DBU
Contributors

Hi niether light comes on when I do this even though they are new bulbs, thanks for your imput
While you are getting some well meant advice here, you need to keep in mind that different posters live in different BMW markets, i.e. the poster above is from USA and his BMW is almost guaranteed to have different specs than yours, seeing you live in the UK. But most of the differences are in the coding of your vehicle's modules. "Coding" is like unlocking features that BMW for whatever reason decided wern't appropriate in your country - similar to enabling options in your internet browser. There is a sub-forum on this board that has tons of information on this subject.

Quick Reply: cornering light failure