E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Comfort Seats Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 07:53 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My order status is 112, so any QUICK replies would be greatly appreciated.

For the comfort seats: do I understand correctly that they have a mode where they will automatically "tighten up" the backrest when you corner hard? My wife already likes these seats as it is. This "auto-squeeze" would really make her happy.

Do the sport seats (which is what I currently have on my order) do anything similar? The only thing I thought they has was the adjustable thigh support (not the adjustable backrest).

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:03 AM
Members

Hmmm, I have heard of this but have not personally experienced it in my 545i. I guess I haven't taken corners hard enough.

However, even if they did, I would think their reaction to be rather slow but I guess it depends on how long the corner or cornering is....
Old 10-30-2005, 03:52 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ?gent99' date='Oct 30 2005, 03:03 AM
Hmmm, I have heard of this but have not personally experienced it in my 545i.? I guess I haven't taken corners hard enough.

However, even if they did, I would think their reaction to be rather slow but I guess it depends on how long the corner or cornering is....
[snapback]190802[/snapback]
Thanks, ?gent99

Do you have sport seats or comfort seats? Either way, do you have two buttons on the center console (where the heated seats buttons are) that show a picture of a seat with an arrow pointing away from each side? I'm looking at the 03/2005 owner's manual, page 44 (it looks like page 40 in the 09/04 manual).
Old 10-30-2005, 04:07 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RobertB' date='Oct 30 2005, 08:52 AM
[quote name='?gent99' date='Oct 30 2005, 03:03 AM']Hmmm, I have heard of this but have not personally experienced it in my 545i.? I guess I haven't taken corners hard enough.

[snapback]190802[/snapback]
Thanks, ?gent99

Do you have sport seats or comfort seats? Either way, do you have two buttons on the center console (where the heated seats buttons are) that show a picture of a seat with an arrow pointing away from each side? I'm looking at the 03/2005 owner's manual, page 44 (it looks like page 40 in the 09/04 manual).
[snapback]190838[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have comfort seats and it does not have whatever you are expecting. It has 2 buttons along with other seat buttons where you can adjust the backrest. I am not sure if they adjust automatically when you take hard corners. You should feel a snug fitting around your back with the right adjustments of the seat. The resisting force while taking corners makes you feel as though the seats are getting adjusted.....but actually its your body that is applying the opposing force ....hope my physics is right . Btw, I have not seen any buttons in the front console for the seats specifically other than the heater buttons.
Old 10-30-2005, 04:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ChennaiMR' date='Oct 30 2005, 08:07 AM
I have comfort seats and it does not have whatever you are expecting. It has 2 buttons along with other seat buttons where you can adjust the backrest. I am not sure if they adjust automatically when you take hard corners. You should feel a snug fitting around your back with the right adjustments of the seat. The resisting force while taking corners makes you feel as though the seats are getting adjusted.....but actually its your body that is applying the opposing force ....hope my physics is right? . Btw, I have not seen any buttons in the front console for the seats specifically other than the heater buttons.
[snapback]190841[/snapback]
Darn.

Perhaps they are for the active seats, then. Check out page 44 of your owner's manual to see what I'm talking about.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:46 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RobertB' date='Oct 30 2005, 11:53 AM
For the comfort seats: do I understand correctly that they have a mode where they will automatically "tighten up" the backrest when you corner hard?? My wife already likes these seats as it is.? This "auto-squeeze" would really make her happy.
[snapback]190755[/snapback]
Only the M-multifunctional seat will "squeeze" you from the opp direction of your cornering.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530e G30
Model Year: 2017

Originally Posted by RobertB' date='Oct 30 2005, 11:53 AM
For the comfort seats: do I understand correctly that they have a mode where they will automatically "tighten up" the backrest when you corner hard?? My wife already likes these seats as it is.? This "auto-squeeze" would really make her happy.
[snapback]190755[/snapback]
I have comfort seats but there is no feature like that you describe.

I experienced that feature only on a test drive with a M5 E60, in a very hard corner.
Old 10-30-2005, 06:58 AM
Members

Thanks to everyone for the comments. In the interest of keeping the cost down, I'll stay with Sport Seats (although I REALLY did like the Comfort Seats).
Old 10-30-2005, 07:29 AM
das
Site Founders

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2021 F93 M8 Competition

Originally Posted by RobertB' date='Oct 30 2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks to everyone for the comments.? In the interest of keeping the cost down, I'll stay with Sport Seats (although I REALLY did like the Comfort Seats).
[snapback]190884[/snapback]
I made the same decision, and in fact, I actually like the Sport Seats better (though I'm probably in the minority on that one ).
Old 10-30-2005, 06:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 530i Silver Gray/Black, Sport, Prem., Logic 7, Cold Weather, Auto, M Aero package, Nav, Comfort Seats, IPod aux

Originally Posted by das' date='Oct 30 2005, 12:29 PM
[quote name='RobertB' date='Oct 30 2005, 10:58 AM']Thanks to everyone for the comments.? In the interest of keeping the cost down, I'll stay with Sport Seats (although I REALLY did like the Comfort Seats).
[snapback]190884[/snapback]
I made the same decision, and in fact, I actually like the Sport Seats better (though I'm probably in the minority on that one ).
[snapback]190891[/snapback]
[/quote]

The comfort seats have the "pillow" headrest, correct?? That was my understanding anyhow. But in the 06 5 Series brochure (pg 21) they talk about the optional comfort seats in the copy but have a photo that shows seats with the pillow headrest. The caption says that they are sport seats.

I think that's a mistake isn't it? Has anyone else noticed this?

Quick Reply: Comfort Seats Question