E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Comfort Seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 08:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i "Ben Hogan's 5 Iron" SilverGrey/Black Sport, L7, NAV, CW, AS, Split FR 2003 Audi A4 3.0 CVT "Part of the Moniker" Silver/Ebony, Prem, CW, Star 17s

Hi,

I'm curious if comfort seats are a must have option for the 545? I rank the following in order of my preference. Since I'm not a big audiofile, I list Logic 7 down the list and know this is a high priority to others. The first five are must haves, but not sure about the comfort seats. Any help is much appreciated.

1. SPORTS PACKAGE!!!!!!!!!!!
2. Prem
3. NAV/HUD
4. CW
5. Sat Radio

6. Split Fold
7. Logic 7
8. Comfort Seats

CVT Benhogan
Old 01-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Senior Members

I thought Prem was standard. Guess not. You shuold get logic 7. The standard system doesnt go very loud. You will already get sports seat so i dont think it will be necessary. You have pretty good seat already.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:59 AM
Guest_BMW

No question about it, comfort seats are spectacular. They are well worth the money.
Old 01-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

I thought Sports seats were enough, but after test driving a 545i with Comfort seats, I was amazed. No back pain after a long drive, and the adjustments are
endless. Became No.1 option for me.

Would have regreted it if I had not opted for them - for sure.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Silver Grey on Black, 6 Spd Manual, Sport, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, Fold Down RS

The Comfort Seats are definitely the #1 Option to get. I tried out both Sport and Comfort at the dealership but could not tell a major difference AT FIRST. The key is that you have to sit for more than a few minutes to really appreciate the difference. If it helps you at all, the comfort seats are the same as the one used in the top-of-the-line 7 Series.

An added benefit is that the Comfort Seat is more adjustable than the Sport Seat, plus it takes away a bit of the harshness the Sport Package may add.

I have a 545i with Premium Package, Sport Package, L-7 Sound, Sat Radio, Split Rear seats, and by far the option that I have most been impressed with is the Comfort Seats. Be sure you get them!
Old 01-07-2005, 11:07 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest_BMW' date='Jan 7 2005, 11:59 AM
No question about it, comfort seats are spectacular.? They are well worth the money.?
[snapback]76709[/snapback]
Absolutely agree. Spectacular. You will appreciate them every time you sit in the car. I have all the options you mentioned except Nav, and I would put the comfort seats at #1.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Grey Metallic SMG, Black Nasca Leather, Sport Package, Logic7, Comfort Ventilated Seats, Sat Radio, Split Folding Rear Seats

I agree with the previous posts, the comfort seats are great. But then again so are the sport seats. For me it came down to two things, one, the comfort seats are better for those of with large frames, I'm 6'6" and the sport seats were tight. Also the Comfort seats allow you to upgrade to Nasca leather and Ventilated seats, which on ot summer days with black leather are a must have in my book.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"

I didn't get'em but maybe i can find a pair in excellent condition at a chop shop! JK
Old 01-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545iA Titanium Silver/Gray, Poplar----Cold Weather Pkg, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Audio, Heated Rear Seats

One factor you may want to consider that I seldom see mentioned in connection with the comfort seats is the "active headrest" feature, which I believe is unique to this seat. Apparently, the headrests move up and forward if your vehicle is struck from behind. I have no idea how effective this is.

If your passenger seat gets a variety of occupants, you may also want to consider the usefulness of the passenger seat memory feature included with comfort seats.

It boils down to perceived comfort differences and the value you place on these added featues, versus the $1200 cost plus the lack of credit for deleting the sport seats.
Old 01-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"

I think the comfort seats and satellite radio prep should be a no cost option (like the Anthracite trim) when you order ZSP!

Quick Reply: Comfort Seats