5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   comfort seat headrests (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/comfort-seat-headrests-3559/)

E60525d 10-09-2004 02:10 AM

i am thinking of fitting comfort seat headrests to my sport seats. The standard headrests are very far back (you cant move them much forward) and they look rubbish. Too big and bulky. Also i am going to fit rear screens in the headrests and you can fit a 7" monitor in them instead of a 6.5".

So can someone post pics of the headrests and what functions do they have over the standard ones?

wassy 10-09-2004 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by E60525d' date='Oct 9 2004, 05:10 AM
i am thinking of fitting comfort seat headrests to my sport seats. The standard headrests are very far back (you cant move them much forward) and they look rubbish. Too big and bulky. Also i am going to fit rear screens in the headrests and you can fit a 7" monitor in them instead of a 6.5".

So can someone post pics of the headrests and what functions do they have over the standard ones?
[snapback]42900[/snapback]

I would like to do the same.. has anyone done this and at what price?

Rudy 10-09-2004 06:04 AM

I think this has been discussed before and the verdict was that the posts for the comfort headrests are spaced differently than the ones on the sport seats.

You may want to search a little to see the details...

gman 10-09-2004 06:37 AM

How do the sport headrests compare to the non-sport, non-comfort head rests?

ISUK 10-09-2004 07:06 AM

You cannot fit the comfort seat headrest to the sport seat. I ordered a set of comfort seat headrests for my car earlier this year but they do not fit into the sport seat as the support poles are a much wider diameter on the comfort models. There is no way to do a mod to make them fit as they are attached to the support poles in a totally different fashion. Fortunately my dealer took them back as they thought they would fit when they ordered them up for me.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

E60525d 10-09-2004 09:11 AM

A guy over on the roadfly board has already done this mod and that is what prompted me to do it. He seems to be pleased with the result.
ISUK, you said in another post that some on the roadfly board has done it. Do you have the link please? Im wondering how he done it?????

Jimbo 10-09-2004 09:45 AM

Here's a link to a pic of the comfort seats.

Iceman 10-09-2004 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by E60525d' date='Oct 9 2004, 07:11 PM
ISUK, you said in another post that some on the roadfly board has done it. Do you have the link please? Im wondering how he done it?????
[snapback]42984[/snapback]

It can't be done, so the guy who posted it on RF was not telling the truth! That'S a typicall RF post...

skipper 10-09-2004 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Oct 9 2004, 10:06 AM
You cannot fit the comfort seat headrest to the sport seat. I ordered a set of comfort seat headrests for my car earlier this year but they do not fit into the sport seat as the support poles are a much wider diameter on the comfort models. There is no way to do a mod to make them fit as they are attached to the support poles in a totally different fashion. Fortunately my dealer took them back as they thought they would fit when they ordered them up for me.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
[snapback]42952[/snapback]

How about on the standard seats? Since the sport seat headrest wont fit on the comfort seats and vice versa, is there any chance the Comfort seat headrest is the same size as the standard seats.

ISUK 10-11-2004 08:36 AM

Someone on RF claimed to have done this mod which is what prompted me to try it. I guarantee that you CANNOT do this mod. The Comfort seat headrest will not fit the standard seats either as those use the same headrests as the Sports seats.