E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Colour trouble ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 04:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: About to purchase a 530d ______________________ Porsche Boxster, black / black, H&R Springs, 18" Wheels

Hello everybody,

first of all: Congratulations regarding this forum. As far as I know, e60.net is the only unseful forum concerning this car. There`s nothing like this - even in Germany I was not able so find something like it.

I`m a German living in Switzerland and just about to purchase a 530d - but I am not sure about the exterior / interior colour combination.

My wife likes oxford green / (daktota) beige very much. We had the chance to have a look at such a car in Munich last week - and she`s right, it looks great.

My idea as an alternative is silver gray / (dakota) beige. Unfortunately nobody in Germany or Switzerland is able to show me some pictures showing this combination in interaction. The interior of all silver gray cars around here has to be black, it seems !

The combinations silver gray with (dakota) amethyst and (dakota) truffle brown cause the same problems for me. I just want to know, how this exterior / interior colours look TOGETHER - although my BMW dealer told me, NEVER to realize this idea - it would look horrible. Even the configurator at the BMW Website can`t help. I sent an e-mail to the guys in Munich, but they didn`t answer til now. I think, the silver gray car (545 i) in the actual (German) brochure could have dakota beige, but I am not sure.

So has anybody of you pictures of silver gray / beige , silver gray / truffle brown and silver gray / amethyst ? Then please send them to basler986@gmx.ch !

Thanks a lot
Basleman
Old 10-06-2004, 05:46 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by Basleman' date='Oct 6 2004, 02:53 PM
The combinations silver gray with (dakota) amethyst and (dakota) truffle brown cause the same problems for me. I just want to know, how this exterior / interior colours look TOGETHER? ? - although my BMW dealer told me, NEVER to realize this idea? ? - it would look horrible. Even the configurator at the BMW Website can`t help. I sent an e-mail to the guys in Munich, but they didn`t answer til now. I think, the silver gray car (545 i)? in the actual (German) brochure could have dakota beige, but I am not sure.

So has anybody of you pictures of silver gray / beige , silver gray / truffle brown and silver gray / amethyst ? Then please send them to basler986@gmx.ch !

Thanks a lot
Basleman
[snapback]41734[/snapback]
Herzlich Willkommen! Welcome aboard, Basleman Name:  post_2_1095714174.gif
Views: 25
Size:  3.1 KB!

In the actual German brochure they show two cars. A orientblue 530i and a 545i silvergrey! It says in the brochure, that the interior is leather nasca beige with poplar wood. But obviously it's not nasca, it's dakota.
Anyways, the colour is beige!
Old 10-06-2004, 06:14 AM
dvw
Members

Basleman,

If you give me your PM, I'll send you some pics.

Old 10-06-2004, 06:43 AM
Members

My Ride: About to purchase a 530d ______________________ Porsche Boxster, black / black, H&R Springs, 18" Wheels

@ Iceman: Thank you very much !

@ Dvw: Thanks a lot ! basler986@gmx.ch is my e-mail-Adress. Are you happy with this combination ?
Old 10-06-2004, 07:08 AM
Contributors

Welcome Basleman! You are right this Forum is the best! Besides the girls and guys here are really great about sharing their information.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:30 AM
JDN
Contributors

Welcome, Basleman, and thanks for joining this group. I personally think that oxford green / (daktota) beige is a striking combination. Wish I could have those colors sometimes. I have always thought that exterior color was one of the more classy colors. But, when it comes to colors and Bimmers, they all look good to me. Sigh.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

welcome aboard, basleman ! this is the best bmw forum you could possibly find in the entire planet !
Old 10-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Members

Thanks to all for your very warm welcome ! And thanks too for a couple of e-Mails I got - very nice cars with inpiring combinations.

A few words about me: I am 36 years old andmarried to Petra (32). We are Germans living in Basle, Switzerland. Actually, we have a Mercedes W210K as our everyday ride (the station wagon which is called "T-Modell") in Germany and a Porsche Boxster as a pain Killer

My company intends to buy a business car (is it the correct term?) for me, and after several sleepless nights i am sure, that an E60 is "the one". I thought of a Mercedes W211 (E 320 CDI) too, but I heard that those cars show many problems to their owners. Because of this kind of experience, a friend of mine sold his E 270 CDI and purchased an E60 530d a few months ago - a very nice ride with a torque 500 Nm - must have !

Furthermore I think that the E60 is the better car for younger people, because it it more dynamic and sportive compared to the Mercedes.

Petra still pushes for oxford green / dakota beige. Is anyone here able to refuse a request from a beautiful wife ?

Next week we are in Munich again, so that I can have a look at several combinations once more.

I think I will order the E60 in Winter, so that it will be delivered in March or April. Does anybody of my German colleagues in here know, whether it is possible to collect the car at the BMW factory in Munich (like it is possible to collect a new Porsche in Zuffenhausen oder a new Mercedes in Bremen or Stuttgart ?)

Have a nice day
Arndt
(Basleman)
Old 10-07-2004, 02:32 AM
Senior Members

good choice . the e-class is not as good as the e60 and i'm sure you won't regret a bit .
Old 10-07-2004, 05:28 AM
Members

Btw: Does anyone have some pics of the combo oxford green / dakota beige ?

Quick Reply: Colour trouble ...