E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

color combo help

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 07:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 545i now' date='Oct 9 2005, 07:14 PM
[quote name='545i now' date='Oct 9 2005, 06:54 PM'][quote name='EBMCS03' date='Oct 9 2005, 02:44 PM']I'll let 545i now tell you how Silver Gray is with Auburn.?

But in my opinion Auburn is very nice, matches fine.
[snapback]181821[/snapback]
ROGER THAT!!!!!!!!!!! In a big way. No question, the most distinctive color combo available...and if the antharcite headliner had been availbale 5 months ago, I'd have it. Thanks for the love EBMCS03
[snapback]181901[/snapback]
[/quote]
One more thought...Heres a way to make your new E60 something very specialized, very few E60's out there with anything other that the standard order combo's. I for one was tired of black interiors, wanted something that wouldnt take much maintenance, and looked great with silver gray....you be the judge.............
[snapback]181911[/snapback]
[/quote]

Love that interior. Wish they found a black 545i with the auburn interior when I bought mine. I had to settle for black on black. They could only find a black 530 with the auburn. I wasn't really fond of the black with beige interior.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:19 PM
Members

Originally Posted by almd' date='Oct 9 2005, 02:39 PM
I'm getting ready to order my 550i but am struggling with colors.
I think I'm down to this choice...

silver gray exterior...decided against sap black

I really like auburn interior with anthracite headliner but not sure if it goes with sil gray...what do people think and is it possible to get the combo of anthracite headliner and auburn?
otherwise beige interior is safe bet...should I still try to get the anthracite hl with beige leather?

I knows its all personal but any opinions appreciated...esp if someone has SG/auburn combo

also does anyone know if anthracite HL is standalone priority one option?

A
[snapback]181817[/snapback]
What is the anthracite headliner? I have the anthracite trim. Is that the same thing?
Old 10-10-2005, 02:12 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by almd' date='Oct 9 2005, 05:39 PM

I really like auburn interior with anthracite headliner but not sure if it goes with sil gray...what do people think and is it possible to get the combo of anthracite headliner and auburn?
otherwise beige interior is safe bet...should I still try to get the anthracite hl with beige leather?

I knows its all personal but any opinions appreciated...esp if someone has SG/auburn combo

A

Oxford Green II with beige! At least it will be rare, not like these common silver or gray playas!

color combo help-cimg0078.jpg
color combo help-cimg0077.jpg
Old 10-10-2005, 02:33 AM
Senior Members

I say Black leather with Dark Maple wood trim and anthracite headliner.
Attached Thumbnails color combo help-dsc_4418.jpg   color combo help-dsc_4401.jpg  
Old 10-10-2005, 05:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by almd' date='Oct 9 2005, 10:39 PM

I really like auburn interior with? but not sure if it goes with sil gray...what do people think and is it possible to get the combo of anthracite headliner and auburn?

A
I personally wouldn't put an anthracite headliner with beige. I saw an E60 with beige leather and sport pack which made the A/B and C pillars grey/anthracite as well. I thought it looked terrible. If u go beige, don't go anthracite headliner. I had a silver/grey and beige and thought it looked fine. Possibly too much beige but no problems. I now have a sapphire black with Amethyst and it looks very classy.

Auburn is a colour I thought would look nice but when I saw on in the raw, no. It's not a colour that goes down too well over here in Ireland. Strange really. A white car is a no-no as well. Can't get rid of them over here. While white and auburn seems to be an American fad, if u had that combo over here you would be deemed a very sttrange person with no taste whatsoever.

As u said above, it's a matter of taste.

Old 10-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue, Black Interior, Sport Package, Satellite

Whatever you do, make sure you look at the Auburn in person. Pictures don't really capture the color very well. It is a very unique color-- I don't think you'll find another car with anything close to it.

I'm really curious to hear from owners if the auburn changes color over time-- does it darken, lighten, turn more brown and less red??
Old 10-10-2005, 11:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by ZinMe' date='Oct 10 2005, 12:02 PM
I'm really curious to hear from owners if the auburn changes color over time-- does it darken, lighten, turn more brown and less red??
[snapback]182267[/snapback]

So far stied the same for me... LOOKS GREAT!
Old 10-10-2005, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ZinMe' date='Oct 10 2005, 12:02 PM
Whatever you do, make sure you look at the Auburn in person.? Pictures don't really capture the color very well.? ? It is a very unique color-- I don't think you'll find another car with anything close to it.

I agree that pix don't do Auburn interiors justice.

Auburn to me is really BMW code for "orange". If anything I think Auburn will darken over time, just from the dirt/sweat/residue effect.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue, Black Interior, Sport Package, Satellite

Originally Posted by ipse dixit' date='Oct 10 2005, 11:52 AM
[quote name='ZinMe' date='Oct 10 2005, 12:02 PM']Whatever you do, make sure you look at the Auburn in person.? Pictures don't really capture the color very well.? ? It is a very unique color-- I don't think you'll find another car with anything close to it.

I agree that pix don't do Auburn interiors justice.

Auburn to me is really BMW code for "orange". If anything I think Auburn will darken over time, just from the dirt/sweat/residue effect.
[snapback]182283[/snapback]
[/quote]

yes, maybe code for "burnt orange" as time goes on.
Old 10-10-2005, 03:24 PM
Contributors

Anyone with a silver / grey combo? can you post those pictures please?

TIA.

Quick Reply: color combo help