E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Cold Weather Package

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 11:28 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 530 xiT, ED, titanium gray, Sirius, Logic7, Nav, HUD, PDC, comfort access, comfort seats, butt warmers

I'm about to order a 530, and am finalizing my options. I'm skeptical whether the Cold Weather Package will be needed in San Jose's Mediterranean climate, but I see many of the cars on local dealer lots come with it. (A salesman told me that once you have it, you never want to be without it.)

All feedback appreciated.
Old 03-20-2006, 02:05 AM
dee
Members

My Ride: 05 545i jet blk/blk sports,sound

It doesn't cost much, so just get it.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by kurjan' post='257558' date='Mar 20 2006, 02:28 AM
I'm about to order a 530, and am finalizing my options. I'm skeptical whether the Cold Weather Package will be needed in San Jose's Mediterranean climate, but I see many of the cars on local dealer lots come with it. (A salesman told me that once you have it, you never want to be without it.)

All feedback appreciated.
You'll get about as much out of it as we do here in New Orleans, which is the three days a year it really gets cold, you'll like the heated seats and steering wheel. I don't have it and certainly don't miss it in a warm weather climate. The headlight washers are a neat option, but probably the thing you'll like best is that the heated steering wheel is thicker than the standard steering wheel.
Old 03-20-2006, 04:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

The heated items are nice to have even in a warmish climate, but they definitely are not close to being essentials. I don't care for the headlight washers as they tend to over spray onto the hood, etc., if not kept turned off. But, of course, if one is in nasty weather, then the over spray doesn't matter. I think they can be turned off, but am not quite sure how to do so.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:07 AM
Senior Members

San Jose is much colder than NO.

It has been a long time since I lived in the Bay area but .... mornings are chilly a lot of the time - although it depends where you are. It is nice to have heated seats on a 40-55 degree morning. I guess anything less than about 55 degrees. The windshield washers are completely unnecessary unless you drive in the mountains. Heated steering wheel is nice because it is thicker.
Old 03-20-2006, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

It is a great option to have, esp on the East Coast north of FL. Once you get used to toasty buns and warm fingers, you will hate living without the option. I have never used my gloves in this car.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:39 AM
AMP
Members

I live in Phoenix and wouldn't order a car without the cold weather package. The heated seats are only used about 3 months out of the year, but are definitely a welcome accessory. I'm less sold on the heated wheel (although it is nice). If you are looking to save a bit on your vehicle spec then order the heated seats alone and skip the rest of the package.
Old 03-20-2006, 06:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

To be perfectly honest, I live in NYC and I have never used the heated seats. The thick, beefy steering wheel you get with the package makes it a plus for me. Try it out versus the other thin one and see what you think. Best wishes on your decision!
Old 03-20-2006, 06:55 AM
DMS
Members

My Ride: 2006 530Xi delivered on 1.4.06: Black Sapphire w/ Black interior, Steptronic, Sports package, Premium package, Premium Sound, NAV, Sirius, Comfort Access.

Heated seats and steering wheel are nice on cold days. I usually turn the heated seats off once they get warm but I leave the steering wheel heater on the entire time.

The headlight washers I can do without as they do overspray on to the hood as pointed out before. You can keep them from firing off I believe by turning your headlights to the off position.
Old 03-20-2006, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

I use mine year round ... on cold rainy days, or right before a round of golf, its great for my back and helps to warm up my hands even after a round of golf.

Quick Reply: Cold Weather Package