E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Clutch with clicking feel question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up my car on 6/30 and I have about 2K miles on it so far.

Since yesterday everytime I depress the clutch to change gears, I feel a slight click on my left foot when I press the clutch down about 1/3, I never had this feeling before. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or should I have it checked out?? As far as the driving there is no difference in feel. Again I don't hear the click, but feel it when I press the clutch.

Thanks for the information.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:11 PM
Contributors

Doesn't seem normal. Mine is smooth. Never had a clutch with a click.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I've had that exact click on other BMWs I've owned in the past. I can't say what it is but it never caused any problems for me during my ownership of these cars.

Since your car is new and under warranty, you might as well see if BMW can explain what it is...
Old 08-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2003 X5 3.0----->gone 2004 Porsche Cayenne S : Gemballa front and back bodykit, fabspeed bypass pipes, Gemballa exhaust pipes, full option, 20" factory sport design rims------>gone 2005 545i 6-spd manual---->de-badged, CDV removal, Autosolutions short shift kit, resonator removal, premium package, PDC, xenon, almost full options, hardwire V1 install ....looking for mods... 2007 550i 6-spd----> Premium package, sport package, Logic7, heated everything, Rogue Engineering SSK, CDV removal, hardwire V1 install, aFe cold air intake, Custom Magnaflow exhaust....

That's definitely something I have never experienced, does it affect shift performance other than sound??
Old 08-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530isport packagepremium packageactive steeringxenon hids20mm H&R spacers in the rear6 spd51kpurchase price , 32k back in 2006
Model Year: 2004 530i

i've never had that problem, mine is pretty smooth all the way through.

does the clutch on your grab at the top? i was worried about that thinkin that maybe it was low on fluid , the mechanic at the dealership said he test drove a brand new 6spd and it grabbed at the top as well.

any thoughts on this as well?
Old 08-07-2006, 02:55 AM
Senior Members

No affects on my shifting, the gears shift smooth. The clutch doesn't stick or grab, it just has a slight *click* feel when pressing the clutch. This just happened all of a sudden.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 06 e60 3.0, Silver on Black, Premium, Sport, Sport Auto, PDC, Comfort Access, Nav, Sirius, Logic7

Originally Posted by Kzang' post='319607' date='Aug 6 2006, 08:29 PM
I just picked up my car on 6/30 and I have about 2K miles on it so far.

Since yesterday everytime I depress the clutch to change gears, I feel a slight click on my left foot when I press the clutch down about 1/3, I never had this feeling before. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or should I have it checked out?? As far as the driving there is no difference in feel. Again I don't hear the click, but feel it when I press the clutch.

Thanks for the information.
I had exact same feeling on my e39 when it was new - it feels like the clutch sticks on the way going down and coming back up - it went away after a long time. I was told it is the clutch slave cylinder. Sometime bleeding the system will help - I tried to ignore it until it wore out but that is me - if you do not mind the dealer mechanics work on it - take it in, just make sure they do not break something else

rgrds,
/z
Old 08-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Senior Members

I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.
Old 08-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

I'm just going to throw something out... Sure its not the engine start thingy?? I dont know what its called i'm drawing a blank right now but You know how we have to Engage the clutch in order to start our cars in the US? You sure its not that switch thats clicking? How loud is the click?
Old 08-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='321996' date='Aug 12 2006, 10:28 PM
I'm just going to throw something out... Sure its not the engine start thingy?? I dont know what its called i'm drawing a blank right now but You know how we have to Engage the clutch in order to start our cars in the US? You sure its not that switch thats clicking? How loud is the click?

Its NOT a sound its a feel. I feel a click when pressing and releasing the clutch. It goes away from time to time but always comes back. I made an appointment with a dealer to bring it in next week.
I will let everyone know the status once its in service.

BTW For anyone around NJ area, Difeo wouldn't offer me a loaner cause I didn't purchase my car there and BMW of Manhattan won't have any until September, so I scheduled an appointment with JMK and they were happy to offer me a loaner even though I didn't purchase my car there. Now thats Excellent customer service
This kind of service is what keeps the customer coming back.

Quick Reply: Clutch with clicking feel question