E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Cloth interiors

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 01:48 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Sorry, been searching for a while and I'm sure they are there somewhere, but where can I find photos of cloth interiors available as standard in the UK?

And which would be best match for Mystic Blue - anthracite, grey or biege?

Thanks

Ashford
Old 01-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Members

i recomend u dont get light colors in cloth they gather dirst reeealllyy easly .. i guess grey or even black would be a good choice
Old 01-10-2006, 02:42 PM
New Members

My Ride: 520d M-Sport
Model Year: 2013

Try to spend some time in a dealership. I was surprised when I sat in a grey cloth-interiored car just how light grey EVERYTHING is My old e39 had grey leather, but it contrasted nicely with black dash and door tops, and the dark wood inserts. The e60 with grey cloth just looks grey, grey and more grey :thumbsdown:
Much the same with the beige again due to the lack contrasting colours in the cabin - definately try to opt for a dark poplar trim with either grey or beige to give a little variation. Leather works ok, cloth doesn't.

If needing to spec cloth, my first choice would be the anthracite, but then it'd probably be with a silver-grey exterior rather than dark blue - that's personal opinion rather than bias - my e60 is Saphire Black with Truffle Brown leather / light poplar wood.

To try different combinations, use the car builder at www.bmw.co.uk - the images are quite effective, including wheel options etc etc.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by Ashford' post='222315' date='Jan 11 2006, 12:48 AM
Sorry, been searching for a while and I'm sure they are there somewhere, but where can I find photos of cloth interiors available as standard in the UK?

And which would be best match for Mystic Blue - anthracite, grey or biege?

Thanks

Ashford

My old E60 was Mystic Blue with Anthracite Cloth seats

Sorry, no pics, but it looked just fine.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:30 AM
Contributors

For 2006 the cloth designs were renewed, and they look much richer than before. The new "Linea" cloth is similar to Audi A6 sport seat cloth design. The old "Flachgewebe" fabric looked quite low-rent.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Because water dribbles in to the cabin from the roof (complained about in other threads) when the doors are opened, it falls right on to te side bolster of the front two seats. On lighter colour cloths, when the water dries out it leaves a very dirty looking stain on the cloth. So, with a cloth interior, I would definitely forget the lighter colours.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:17 AM
Members

My Ride: Face-lifted E46 Toruing, soon to be replaced by E60!

I have the light grey cloth, and I can only agree that it is a pain in the b*tt to keep clean... (good thing I'm very, very picky about what I do and don't do in my car )
HOWEVER, I think that it gives the cabin a very light and "airy" feeling to it, which I like, in contrast to certain dark and gloomy colour combos (I realize this is a matter of taste, of course...).

This is what it looks like ---- >
Cloth interiors-grey.jpg