E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CIP upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 02:31 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Approximately a month ago I took the car in for the "slam effect" with the Steptronic transmission.
At that time they installed CIP 23.02 to eliminate the "slam effect". After this upgrade not only did the eyebrows become non functional but also the "accept" for the screen would bypass my having to enter to accept.

I just visited the service department today and talked to the service manager. He told me that they will receive the newest version 24.xx on Monday. I have set up an appointment to get the new version installed. fixed. They are unaware if this upgrade will correct the "accept" issue. As a matter of fact, they had never heard of this.

So to fix one issue, I got 2 additional. Hopefully they all fixed after the next service appointment.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Senior Members

I had my 12 day old car reprogrammed 2 days ago to fit an ipod interface.

My dealer told me that current version is 27..... but they might have been talking crap. Certainly mine has working eyebrows.

Programming takes around 6 hrs I was told - if it fails some of the diagnostics / programming. However, thats not man hours. I think an hour labour is about right - still approx ?110 at my local dealer.

The idrive doesnt show software version - which is stupid. One of the first things a deler would need to know if you report a fault is the software version - so much easier if you could tell the dealer what it was when calling them about an issue. They could have an 'ignition on' splash screen show a beemer logo and a version no for a couple secs on start up.

cheers

steve
Old 12-17-2006, 04:52 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by steve_gus' post='368258' date='Dec 17 2006, 12:06 AM
My dealer told me that current version is 27..... but they might have been talking crap. Certainly mine has working eyebrows.

Programming takes around 6 hrs I was told - if it fails some of the diagnostics / programming. However, thats not man hours. I think an hour labour is about right - still approx ?110 at my local dealer.
Almost certainly v24 - but I'm glad it's all working sweet!
Old 12-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

When a SIB is released the PROGMAN (formerly CIP) is not a "beta" release. PROGMAN 24.00.00 has been released per the SIB 61 14 03 dated December 2006 (available as of 1st week in December). Subsequent releases in the ##.xx.xx revisions may or may not warrant a SIB. When it is mearly some housekeeping task such as operability with the BMW SSSr (Software Service Station, revised) most likely we would not see a new SIB. If, however, some factor (for example 21.00.00 would not work in the e64) then we would see the 21.01.00 SIB announcement that it was good for the e64. The SIBs I refer to are North America. Europe or othermarkets may vary, often ahead of the USA but not always. The fact that 24.01.00 exists does not surprise me. What does surprise me is that no one seems to get a copy of the "Measures Plan" or "Final Report" that would contain the Target Data Status number that could be translated to the PROGAM version. Target Data Status for 24.00.00 is E060-06-12-510. I have NEVER exited my service center without either or both the the Measures Plan or Final Report as it tells me exactly what level ALL 25-30 modules are at and the software levels. You might not have one or both of these unless you have an issue that causes them to run a diagnostic. If/when that is done and you were to actually get an software upgrade the Measures plan would tell you the old version as well as the new version.

I'll attach some samples for you: In this case I had an upgrade from CIP 20.01.00 to 21.01.00 in May of 2006. Later in August they did some testing for an issue and found no need to upgrade (22.00.00 was out by then). These are not every page of every report - just main info to give you an idea.
Attached Files