E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CIP 25.x with remove Voice Retrofit - for now

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

maszika, this is exactly what my dealer said. He said that I would probably need to wait a couple of weeks until he gets a new disc. Its what you are also saying now.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='412482' date='Apr 11 2007, 10:04 PM
Don't worry I got them.

I spoke to the dealer again and he insists that all this is relevant only if the car came with voice from the factory and not when its retrofitted. He is correct?
:thumbsdown: I spent the whole day today at BMW service. They were trying to update my car with Progman, using FSC DVD which have Voice input update data for Voice input equipped cars from the factory ONLY, but I needed Voice input retrofit along with CCC retrofit and I was keep telling them that they have to order online via ASAP a specific activation code according to my VIN number.

Progman system recommended them to insert the media with the (myVINmumber_0020001.xml) file almost after every try, but they insisted that this file was into the FSC DVD.

Finally, I spoke to the diagnosis guy and I suggested to show him our forum's topic about this subject. When he read the Paul's post and maszika's posted .pdf file about it, they called then on the phone BMW Hellas Head office and asked them to order from BMW Munich a specific code for my car's VIN number ...

Conclusion: The spent the whole day trying and trying and trying ....and the most important thing is that they want to charge me for the working hours they spent to try and to not believe me when I was informed them what they should have to do. So they will continue tomorrow with the update after they will receive the code file from Munich.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: UK 2006 530D MSport. Auto, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Visibility, Media Pack, Sun Protective Glass, Hi-Fi Speaker System, Heated Seats, Enhanced voice control, M Lip Spoiler.

My car had Extended Voice retrofitted at dealer last year. It went in for Progman 25 last Thursday! They rang at end of the day to say they had problems with activation codes and had requested new from Germany. I took that reasonably well (as things do happen) but requested that the job be completed this week. As of yet they have not contacted me (I purposely haven't contacted them to see how long it takes) to re-book the car so maybe they are waiting for this 1.1 fix... Would have been nice to have had the courtesy to contact me!
Old 04-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='412901' date='Apr 12 2007, 10:16 PM
:thumbsdown: I spent the whole day today at BMW service. They were trying to update my car with Progman, using FSC DVD which have Voice input update data for Voice input equipped cars from the factory ONLY, but I needed Voice input retrofit along with CCC retrofit and I was keep telling them that they have to order online via ASAP a specific activation code according to my VIN number.
Nick, Did your car come with Voice from the factory or did you get it retrofitted later?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='413079' date='Apr 13 2007, 10:28 AM
Nick, Did your car come with Voice from the factory or did you get it retrofitted later?
No ..I'm just trying to retrofit CCC Nav pro (SA609) and Voice input (SA620)

When car is voice input equipped from factory, then dealers can use their FSC DVD (V1.0 current - V1.1 next)
Online codes Via ASAP required for cars with retrofitted CCC and/or voice input, or for cars that accidentally their codes are not included in the FSC Disc.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:43 AM
Contributors

Understood. So you are basically in the same position and me.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 530i, Production Date May 2005

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='413178' date='Apr 14 2007, 01:32 AM
No ..I'm just trying to retrofit CCC Nav pro (SA609) and Voice input (SA620)

When car is voice input equipped from factory, then dealers can use their FSC DVD (V1.0 current - V1.1 next)
Online codes Via ASAP required for cars with retrofitted CCC and/or voice input, or for cars that accidentally their codes are not included in the FSC Disc.
Hi Nick,

How's your SA609 Pro Nav retrofitting going, have they been able to perform the Pro Nav retrofit path software update?

Cheerz
Old 04-13-2007, 11:39 AM
Members

The code is available to order as a part number off the parts catalogue (ETK) just like any other part, once the code has been ordered it will be available to download from the "after sales assistance portal" (ASAP) from a link called "sweeping technologies". Once this link has been selected it asks for a dealer number and VIN number. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE DEALER ENTERS THE INTERNATIONAL DEALER NUMBER ONLY AND LEAVE THE VIN BOX BLANK , then the codes will be available to download to unzip and transfer to a floppy. The time it takes to from ordering the code to being able to download is around 2 hours. At present if you fill in the VIN number on the download page it doesnt show the download links another BUG !
I have done this process several times and if the codes dont load of the FCS dvd then this is what you have to do but it definately works.
Paul
Old 04-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by daMANiack' post='413271' date='Apr 13 2007, 09:53 PM
Hi Nick,

How's your SA609 Pro Nav retrofitting going, have they been able to perform the Pro Nav retrofit path software update?

Cheerz
Hi damaniack

I managed to retrofit Nav Pro without any major problems except this one here
Old 05-29-2007, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Quick update for all those who had voice retrofit done. CIP 25.x now supports the coding for the Voice Input Retrofit. Got it done last week and all seems fine.

Quick Reply: CIP 25.x with remove Voice Retrofit - for now