E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CIP 25.x with remove Voice Retrofit - for now

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007, 01:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

not enough retrofitting a used CCC, you MUST this unit Coded with SSS. After coding all function avaliable.

Janos

Originally Posted by maszika' post='412153' date='Apr 10 2007, 08:07 PM
Hi,

from CIP V25: ALL Car need a CODE for voicecontroll. BUT, for cars with original Factory Voicecontroll have a code on the FSC V1.0 DVD-Disc. (This DVD delivered automtically with CIP V25).
My Attachment only for car without Factory Voicecontroll ! ( this cars have no Data on DVD, therefore the CODE must be ordered via ASAP )
Old 04-10-2007, 01:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530D SE; Mystic Blue; Beige Leather; Luxury Pack; Media Pack; Visibility Pack; 123's; Logic 7; + to many more to type........... 2008 730D; Black Sapphire; Cream Beige Leather; plenty of options!

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='412146' date='Apr 10 2007, 06:47 PM
....... I had Voice as a factory option then all would be OK .................
Ummm... well I have the version 25 upgrade (from v22) - there are some changes in behaviour here, well strange happenings really - e.g. when issuing entertainment commands like "CD Three Track 18" there is a greater lag prior to the response from the Car Computer "CD Three Track 18" occurs - prior too response the changer has operated and has loaded the CD (one can hear this as before), however incidences of the track starting and cutting short the response message are adding up - not a complaint though as who wishes to hear the response anyway! Strange all the same..................
Old 04-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='411987' date='Apr 10 2007, 08:36 AM
I've had Voice Input retrofittted last year and my car just went in for a software upgrade. Its come back without the Voice Input feature. The dealer told me that BMW have not yet programmed the Voice Retrofit kit for the latest CIP and I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for this. I'm still trying to find out exactly what v25 was put on.

Anyone else in a similar position.
I have done this update on a few cars that have voice recognition and on some cars the code would not update from the FSC DVD even though the car had SVS from the factory!So the enabling code had to be ordered from the parts system. It was then available as a download from the ASAP intranet within 2-3 hours. The files that we get are XML files with the vehicle order and the unlocking codes for the SVS, these codes appear to be unique to each vehicle.
Once this code has been downloaded it just needed to be unzipped to a floppy then loaded into the SSS machine then created a new measures plan and the Vehicle Order was changed.

We used to be able to activate these functions ourselves without the codes but BMW have stopped this they belive that if you want something you should pay for it, a good example is the SBX control unit for the USB interface as this also has a limited bluetooth phone capability but can only be acivated by ordering a code from the parts department, the thing is when we order that activation code the dealer will be charged for it unless it was already activated from the factory i.e. paid for.
So basically any item that has been retrofitted may be deleted and may require codes to reactivate! The puma measure relating to this is 8149814.
Paul
Old 04-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hodgson100' post='412221' date='Apr 11 2007, 01:35 AM
I have done this update on a few cars that have voice recognition and on some cars the code would not update from the FSC DVD even though the car had SVS from the factory!So the enabling code had to be ordered from the parts system. It was then available as a download from the ASAP intranet within 2-3 hours. The files that we get are XML files with the vehicle order and the unlocking codes for the SVS, these codes appear to be unique to each vehicle.
Once this code has been downloaded it just needed to be unzipped to a floppy then loaded into the SSS machine then created a new measures plan and the Vehicle Order was changed.

We used to be able to activate these functions ourselves without the codes but BMW have stopped this they belive that if you want something you should pay for it, a good example is the SBX control unit for the USB interface as this also has a limited bluetooth phone capability but can only be acivated by ordering a code from the parts department, the thing is when we order that activation code the dealer will be charged for it unless it was already activated from the factory i.e. paid for.
So basically any item that has been retrofitted may be deleted and may require codes to reactivate! The puma measure relating to this is 8149814.
Paul
Hi Paul and thanks for info

Any thoughts about post#10?
Old 04-10-2007, 03:25 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='412227' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:45 PM
Hi Paul and thanks for info

Any thoughts about post#10?
Well providing the part is the correct one for this car! then the car will have to have the retrofit CCC function carried out via the SSS as you car did not have a CCC from the factory. This will change the vehicle order then it should be ok to code the car and should work ok.
Old 04-11-2007, 06:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

More on the subject. Sorry I was late to contribute more but forced to remain off the forum while in Rio.

SI B 09 02 07
Programming/Coding Explanations March 2007
Technical Service

SUBJECT
CCC: Enabling Code (FSC) Required for Voice Recognition System

MODEL
E90, E91, E92, E93 (3 Series) with CCC Navigation (SA 609)

E60, E61 (5 Series) with CCC Navigation (SA 609)

E63, E64 (6 Series)

E70 (X5) with CCC Navigation (SA 609)

Vehicles produced up to March 2007

SITUATION

Progman V25.00.00 or higher prompts the importing of an enabling code during programming.

Loss of Voice Recognition System (SVS SA 620) functions after programming with Progman V25.00.00 or higher.

CAUSE
Enabling codes (FSC) make it possible to link special functions to a vehicle. Without these enabling codes these functions will not operate. In this specific case, the enabling codes must be imported any time the Car Communication Computer (CCC) is programmed in order to ensure that SVS is functioning properly. If the enabling codes are not imported during the programming procedure, the SVS function will not be available.

PROCEDURE
A special DVD (labeled "FSC" V 1.0) is supplied together with the Progman V25 DVD set. The enabling codes contained on this DVD are for all vehicles with CCC and SVS.

After Progman has been installed on the SSS, place the FSC DVD into the DVD drive and leave it there. This will ensure that the enabling codes are available for every Progman session as needed.

Refer to the "Procedure" attachment which outlines the procedure on how to import the enabling codes with the SSS.

If an enabling code is not provided following this procedure, refer to the "Parts" information attached to this service information.

WARRANTY INFORMATION
No additional labor allowance, included in the allotted programming time.

ATTACHMENTS
view PDF attachment B090207 Parts Information.
view PDF attachment B090207_Procedure.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:01 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Thanks for this. Any chance of posting the attachments refered to at the bottom.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Don't worry I got them.

I spoke to the dealer again and he insists that all this is relevant only if the car came with voice from the factory and not when its retrofitted. He is correct?
Old 04-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='412482' date='Apr 11 2007, 03:04 PM
Don't worry I got them.

I spoke to the dealer again and he insists that all this is relevant only if the car came with voice from the factory and not when its retrofitted. He is correct?
I don't know. Dealer seems to be knowledgeable so have to trust him for now. Probably not alot of members with VR Retrofit AND Progman 25 for similar experience.
Old 04-11-2007, 01:35 PM
Members

Hi,

your dealer is not correct. At end of April you can order this FSC for your Car (with retrofitted VC). I have today professional education from M?nich.
The original FSC V1.0 is not correct, many Car have wrong Data on DVD ! End April come out the FSC V1.1 too. You must at end of April with your chassis number the following Partnumber ordern: 65 83 6 976 389
After ordering your dealer become a file in zip format on ASAP Portal. (zip contains: yourchassisnumber_00020001.xml and yourchassisnumber_00020001.der (certificatefile))

Janos from Hungary

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='412482' date='Apr 11 2007, 08:04 PM
Don't worry I got them.

Quick Reply: CIP 25.x with remove Voice Retrofit - for now