E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CIP 25.x with remove Voice Retrofit - for now

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I've had Voice Input retrofittted last year and my car just went in for a software upgrade. Its come back without the Voice Input feature. The dealer told me that BMW have not yet programmed the Voice Retrofit kit for the latest CIP and I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for this. I'm still trying to find out exactly what v25 was put on.

Anyone else in a similar position.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:52 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='411987' date='Apr 10 2007, 10:36 AM
I've had Voice Input retrofittted last year and my car just went in for a software upgrade. Its come back without the Voice Input feature. The dealer told me that BMW have not yet programmed the Voice Retrofit kit for the latest CIP and I'll have to wait a couple of weeks for this. I'm still trying to find out exactly what v25 was put on.

Anyone else in a similar position.

I think that when doing updates, last programming remains untouched to the previous settings when specific module's update does not exist and they don't cancel the feature until newer programming is ready
Old 04-10-2007, 05:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

That would be the most logical thing to do, don't you think, but apparently not. They've had the car for a week (was on holiday so didn't bother me) and its still not complete! They said that I'll need to wait till they hear back from BMW AG. And then they want my car back again.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:29 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='412010' date='Apr 10 2007, 11:52 AM
I think that when doing updates, last programming remains untouched to the previous settings when specific module's update does not exist and they don't cancel the feature until newer programming is ready

Today they returned my old e39, which had a software update a couple of weeks ago to make the just fitted facelift taillights function. they have overwritten te whole existing software, including the non-factory upgrades i had on my navcomputer: these were set back to the original factory settings.
they picked the car up a couple of days ago because, even with the new software, the OEM taillights did not function; apparently they fixed things by hooking up my car to a live internet connection with the Munich softwareboys. good to know they have this ability if you get into real trouble with your software.
Old 04-10-2007, 08:23 AM
Members

Hi,

Cars with non Factory CCC (Navi Pro, SA609) and Voice-controll (SA620) must one CODE from BMW ordern. After CODE-import in SSS the Voice-Controll active.
Ordernumber for CODE: 65 83 6 976 389
The CODE is free of Charge.

Janos
Old 04-10-2007, 08:49 AM
Contributors

My car is back with CIP25. Front screen is a big SHOCK, it seems like a massive step backwards instead of forwards. I liked the old graphics of the road, wind, cells and music on the different options, now all thats gone!! Its replaced with bland looking boxes and BMW obviously don't know what 'Yellow' looks like because the Entertainment menu arrow is Yellow but the colour scheme is some brownish colour. Over-all I like the features included not the colour scheme. It seems like the menus have too little colour whereas the maps have too much of it.

Back to my Voice Control. I spoke to the Master Tech and he said that he's spoken to BMW UK and AG and they've both confirmed that the software for the Voice Retrofit with CIP 25 is still in the works. I guess it must be something to do with all the new options now within the software.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Members

Hi,

your info is not true.
See my Attachments.

janos

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='412084' date='Apr 10 2007, 05:49 PM
My car is back with CIP25. Front screen is a big SHOCK, it seems like a massive step backwards instead of forwards. I liked the old graphics of the road, wind, cells and music on the different options, now all thats gone!! Its replaced with bland looking boxes and BMW obviously don't know what 'Yellow' looks like because the Entertainment menu arrow is Yellow but the colour scheme is some brownish colour. Over-all I like the features included not the colour scheme. It seems like the menus have too little colour whereas the maps have too much of it.

Back to my Voice Control. I spoke to the Master Tech and he said that he's spoken to BMW UK and AG and they've both confirmed that the software for the Voice Retrofit with CIP 25 is still in the works. I guess it must be something to do with all the new options now within the software.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
fsc.pdf (71.7 KB, 214 views)
Old 04-10-2007, 10:47 AM
Contributors

This attachment does not seem to talk about the Voice Retrofit at all. My dealer did say that if I had Voice as a factory option then all would be OK but because I've had it retrofitted its now different. One of the reasons why they called me to specifically ask me if my Voice was retrofitted.

Why would the same dealer who Retrofitted Voice for me not manage a simple software upgrade if things were this straight forward. Infact they did CIP v24.0 for me without an issue.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Members

Hi,

from CIP V25: ALL Car need a CODE for voicecontroll. BUT, for cars with original Factory Voicecontroll have a code on the FSC V1.0 DVD-Disc. (This DVD delivered automtically with CIP V25).
My Attachment only for car without Factory Voicecontroll ! ( this cars have no Data on DVD, therefore the CODE must be ordered via ASAP )

Originally Posted by maszika' post='412139' date='Apr 10 2007, 07:32 PM
Hi,

your info is not true.
See my Attachments.

janos
Old 04-10-2007, 11:44 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maszika' post='412153' date='Apr 10 2007, 10:07 PM
Hi,

from CIP V25: ALL Car need a CODE for voicecontroll. BUT, for cars with original Factory Voicecontroll have a code on the FSC V1.0 DVD-Disc. (This DVD delivered automtically with CIP V25).
My Attachment only for car without Factory Voicecontroll ! ( this cars have no Data on DVD, therefore the CODE must be ordered via ASAP )
One question for you Janos. (out of topic)

I've retrofitted a used CCC (SA 609) Navi Pro Part#65 83 6 987 689 Production date 01-06, on my '03 car with SA 606 (M-ASK) with Bus-Nav built-in, standard audio, from factory.

All functions are now working properly, except:
1. I have no audio sound on right channel (balance Left-Right) Left channel is OK.
2. I've lost now my Bluetooth connection and Bluetooth voice commands. Also voice commands language is now in German.

I worry very much about the sound. Is that a CCC problem (frosted right audio channel??) or, CCC just needs re-encoding because, previous car that CCC was removed from, has got L7 on it?

What do you think?

Quick Reply: CIP 25.x with remove Voice Retrofit - for now