E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Chrome Window Trim

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 02:08 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='334944' date='Sep 16 2006, 09:40 AM
Chrome = gay
Come on man, thought we would've have this kinda of talk around here. Sorry man, not to sound like an ass, but if you got nothing to say about the topic or discussion, please just shut up. The originator didn't ask your opinion about chrome trims. No offense but thats just what I feel.

Back to the topic, mine sticks up on the driver's side a lot so I got the clips replaced when I went in for service. But now its starting to come up again but not as bad as before. I might just replace the trim entirely, depending on what my SA can do for me.

As for the door sticking and not being flush with the body, no no for me, mine closes perfectly.

Cheers...
Old 09-16-2006, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Guys,

he doesn't mean it, he is only teasing you.
He makes such posts very often, it's not meant to offend anyone.

Having said that, in these days there's nothing wrong with beeing gay, and gays usually have a very good taste.

No, I'm not gay, but I have a couple very good friends who are.

Subterfuse, try not to forget the tease smiley the next time or simply use different language please, since there are obviously a couple ppl here having problems with it, OK?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-16-2006, 04:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='335037' date='Sep 16 2006, 08:29 PM
Guys,

Having said that, in these days there's nothing wrong with beeing gay, and gays usually have a very good taste.

Subterfuse, try not to forget the tease smiley the next time or simply use different language please, since there are obviously a couple ppl here having problems with it, OK?

Thanks in advance.
Yeah I have seen him make these kind of comment from time to time. As you can see he got black out grill so I think he really dislike chrome. But come on subterfuse, keep those comments to yourself. Some people find it offensive even though you or some other doesn't find any problem with it (like Iceman you sure that you don't like your good friends )

Anyway back to the topic, my trim on the passenger side pops up sometimes, they replace it with a new on and is fine. Some dealer may try to change the clip and stick it back in which doesn't work well, so make sure they change it and my dealer say sometime the trim pops up because the space in the window is too tight not sure what they meant but I think they are saying the window go up and down and if the fitting is too tight then it may bring the trim up with it.

And my trim is chrome too, I like it and I am not gay.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:13 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' post='335037' date='Sep 16 2006, 07:29 PM
Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Ok sorry for the midunderstand . The thing is these things happen a lot on the MB forum and boy are those guys a$$holes... (sorry for the profanity)... subterFuse, no offense bro, sorry for misunderstanding your tease.. I have chrom trims and definitely not gay cheers...
Old 09-16-2006, 07:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530isport packagepremium packageactive steeringxenon hids20mm H&R spacers in the rear6 spd51kpurchase price , 32k back in 2006
Model Year: 2004 530i

black trim ftw!
Old 09-16-2006, 07:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay#Pejorativ...exualized_usage

Old 09-16-2006, 07:46 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='335112' date='Sep 16 2006, 05:38 PM
Some ppl are sensitive, SubterFUSE... Some...

...and some are g**
Old 09-16-2006, 08:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Hahah ya... there arent really any guys / gals here who are a$$holes like those you've stated at MB... we usually weed those out fairly quickly... and with subterfuse's 1600 posts... he wouldnt have lasted that long if he was a :thumbsdown: he would have been really fast.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='335159' date='Sep 16 2006, 12:46 PM
Hahah ya... there arent really any guys / gals here who are a$$holes like those you've stated at MB... we usually weed those out fairly quickly... and with subterfuse's 1600 posts... he wouldnt have lasted that long if he was a :thumbsdown: he would have been really fast.

Hey. I'll you!
Old 09-17-2006, 01:28 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 523i. Alpine white, dakota leather, 8 speed auto, VDC, bluetooth, HID lights, parking sensors, sport seats, black window trim, tinted rear windows 1988 Ferrari 328 GTS, nero on rosso corsa. 1992 Mazda MX-5 / Miata 2009 Ford S-Max 2.5T

Originally Posted by R. Edward' post='334920' date='Sep 16 2006, 01:31 AM
It happened to me too. I took it in and they replaced the bottom front trim on the passenger and driver side.
I had it on the passenger front side and it was fixed, happened again and then the whole trim was replaced under warranty. I think it's a design issue if it's so common. Never had any issues with the other doors.

I love the chrome window frames and the chrome grille - gives the car a classy look and offsets amethyst grey really nicely. The matt black trims look good with 14 inch steel wheels and plastic hubcaps on a 15 year old Corolla.

Quick Reply: Chrome Window Trim