E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Chinese build E60

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by JFiRB' date='Oct 20 2005, 07:13 PM
Guys, please open your window and look outside. It is already 2005.?
[snapback]186659[/snapback]

Why didn't I received a memo about it?
I thought it'S still 1980...

Old 10-20-2005, 03:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Haha... Although I am Chinese, I wouldn't eat some animal's penis, although I know that people eat because they believe that it will increase your performance (and we are not talking about your driving skills, is related to the body part that you ingested ) Anyway the heavily breaded sweet and sour pork and buffet are American. We do have sweet and sour pork but lighty breaded and fried and taste way better (personally, but some might find it tasty).

Sichaun style is definitely hot and I am not that into it, I might have a hamburger too if I am in Sichaun.

I know not too many Bimmer in China because of the price they charge and the Chinese thinks MB is a status symbol (maybe influence by Hong Kong people) and the A6 is made in China with a puny 1.8T engine, but still quite expensive I believe because of tax. Other popular car would be Mazda protege, Honda Accord and taxis that looks like the previous generation Passat.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: In a place where the Mercedes density is the highest in the world (no. of MB per square kilometer) I choose a Bimmer, why? because of one thing "The Ultimate Driving Experience" My Ride: 523i Steptronic, Silver Grey Exterior, Black Interior with Black Dakota Leather and Maple Wood Trim. Chrome Grill, Style 123 rim, Airbags everywhere, PDC, Rain sensor, Auto lights, Moveable front armrest, Advance Climate Control, Glass Sunroof, Auto dimming interior and exterior mirror with foldable functions, Extended Lights package, 6 CD changer in glove box, Power seats with memory, Power adjustable steering wheel, Power rear sunblinds. Add ons: 123 wheels, chrome grill, K&N Hi flow filter, Eibach Pro Kit, e60.net decal and 24,000km Past rides: 2001 Nissan Xterra SE 1999 E39 523i 1999 E46 323i 1996 Acura Integra LS

Originally Posted by JFiRB' date='Oct 21 2005, 01:53 AM
Haha. So true!!! what the hell are those sweet & sour pork and chow mein?!

[quote name='AC_S5' date='Oct 20 2005, 01:19 PM'][quote name='mr_djurgarden' date='Oct 20 2005, 11:18 PM']HAHA, nice cooltones. So when I'm in the US, I just eat food right?
[snapback]186590[/snapback]
Actually, in America Chinese food are just call Chinese food but they are really American food because no one in China eat those sweet and sour pork or chow mein.

The tip to eat good Chinese food in America is find a place where the Chinese would line up and wait, that's where you find good Chinese food. If you walk into a Chinese restaurant and no Chinese....wrong place.
[snapback]186662[/snapback]
[/quote]
[snapback]186675[/snapback]
[/quote]

Oh Yeah and the line up thing doesn't work the other way around, I once line up at Danny's to get something to eat and......well let's just say I should've gone to Burger King.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Members

The China built E60 specs are exactly the same as those built elsewhere. For every 18 BMWs sold in CHina, 1 is a 760. CHina now sells more BMWs than the whole of Asia and is BMW's fastest growing market in the world. Shows how affluent Chinese have become. BMWs are revered in CHina as its Chinese name "Bao Ma" means "Treasure Horse". Most woman BMW drivers in China, especially the young and sweet ones, are mistresses of rich businessman from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan or Singapore. By the way, BMW and Mercedes owners are popular targets of criminals and kidnappers in China because only the well-heeled can afford these cars.

Originally Posted by skaffa' date='Oct 20 2005, 02:14 AM
Here You can see good example of Chinese build E60. How I know that this is Chinese build. Has to be because they don't import E60 to China!

Attachment 11530

Picture taken during Shanghai F1 race last weekend. I saw about 10 E60's and several 7-series starting 730 and ending 760. Also few older 3-series.

Skaffa
[snapback]186442[/snapback]
Old 10-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Orient Blue, Black Interior, Sport Package, Satellite

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 20 2005, 03:03 PM
Haha... Although I am Chinese, I wouldn't eat some animal's penis, although I know that people eat because they believe that it will increase your performance (and we are not talking about your driving skills, is related to the body part that you ingested )? Anyway the heavily breaded sweet and sour pork and buffet are American.? We do have sweet and sour pork but lighty breaded and fried and taste way better (personally, but some might find it tasty).

Sichaun style is definitely hot and I am not that into it, I might have a hamburger too if I am in Sichaun.?

I know not too many Bimmer in China because of the price they charge and the Chinese thinks MB is a status symbol (maybe influence by Hong Kong people) and the A6 is made in China with a puny 1.8T engine, but still quite expensive I believe because of tax.? Other popular car would be Mazda protege, Honda Accord and taxis that looks like the previous generation Passat.
[snapback]186792[/snapback]

Its good to know if i ask for a hamburger in Sichuan, I'm not a complete idiot.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Oct 21 2005, 03:54 AM
Duck lips and Ox penis!
[snapback]186722[/snapback]
There is a saying; "the Chinese eat anything that move"

Hate to think of what the duck and ox were doing at the time they got caught. A duck and and ox doing what I cannot type here?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: -04 530D

A6 is popular because they made long version of it specially to China. Just like they made previous Passat. All cars have almost the smalest possible engines, because it does not matter anyway. People here drive like... I don't know... idiots! From lights first then to third and to fifth. Engine is almost stalling whole time because rev's are under 1000 or something. They think they save gas! Lights off always when possible (even in the night on highway), but then when oncoming then have to flash high beam whole time, shut engine at lights, don't think anyone except you self and USE horn as much as possible!

About food.

My wife don't want to eat "Chinese" food in Europa, because it's not Chinese. Even if you take same stuff and try to make it like Chinese, it certainly does not taste same than in here.

I'm near Shanghai and My wife's family is from Sichuan, which is good because I like HOT food. Gung bao chi tin (chicken with peanuts and chili) is almost best what I can think. But if people want something "living" they can go to restaurants where is small zoo, from there it's easy to pick up birds, dogs, snakes, turtles, rats, fish, crickets... I never ask what I'm eating, ever. Just put it to my mouth and poor more Moutai.

Skaffa
Old 10-20-2005, 10:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530I Black/Black, Premium/Sport, Navigation 2005 545I Silver/Black, Premium/Sport, Logic 7, Navigation

Just came back from China, lots of BMW on the street now. Benz seens to have lost the market, i have seens around 40 Bimmer but only 4-5 Benz (in Fuzhou only) After the Bimmer been manufacturered in China, the price drop significatly compared to the previous imported version, the price is still higher than the one sold in the U.S , basically a 530I U.S. price you will get a 520I over there. The New 750I Redesigned style is available in China as 730I too. Basically anyone owns a average cars (Camry, Accord) in China could easily afford a 530I in the United States.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:36 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

Originally Posted by AC_S5' date='Oct 20 2005, 07:14 PM
[quote name='Edlee' date='Oct 20 2005, 11:36 PM']Here we go.? BMW has a plant in Shenyang, China manufacturing E60.? Click the link.

http://www.bmwgroup.com/e/nav/index.html?h...home/home.shtml
[snapback]186601[/snapback]
Ha I was right, there is a BMW factory in China.
[snapback]186661[/snapback]
[/quote]

So you where
Old 10-21-2005, 12:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i Jet Black (Base + PDC)

Well, if that's the way they are going...we can soon purchase BMW's and MB's from Walmart or Costco.

Quick Reply: Chinese build E60