E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Child Safety Seat "Installation Guide"

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this in the Owners Circle, has anyone used these?

Child Safety Seat "Installation Guide"
This new accessory item fits all BMW vehicles with the ISOFIX or LATCH child safety seat systems. Easy to install- it just snaps into place- and easily removed when not in use.

The Installation Guide serves two purposes. First, it assists in fastening the LATCH connectors on the child safety seat to the LATCH mountings in the vehicle. Second, it helps protect the upholstery near the gap between the seat surface and seat back from abrasion from the LATCH connectors on the child safety seat.
Attached Thumbnails Child Safety Seat "Installation Guide"-safety_seat.jpg  
Old 10-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I haven't used them but it looks like a good idea if your child seat has fixed latch hooks. (Some seats use a strap with latch hooks at the ends.)
Old 10-04-2004, 08:59 PM
Contributors

I bought one for my car, it was only like $6, I use Graco BabyRide that has straps with ISOFIX hooks. This thing is designed for BMW car seat, most likely. If a car seat does have fixed LATCH hooks, may be it will work, but I can't fit the Graco hook through the opening and actually latch it. In addition, this guide is not so sturdy, I was hoping I could leave it in place for when people ride instead of the car seat, but the guide will pop out easily.

If you want I can dig up the part number (I should have it -- there are two versions one for E65 and another for all others)

Thanks,
Dave
Old 10-05-2004, 03:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DaveR' date='Oct 4 2004, 10:59 PM
I bought one for my car, it was only like $6, I use Graco BabyRide that has straps with ISOFIX hooks.? This thing is designed for BMW car seat, most likely.? If a car seat does have fixed LATCH hooks, may be it will work, but I can't fit the Graco hook through the opening and actually latch it.? In addition, this guide is not so sturdy, I was hoping I could leave it in place for when people ride instead of the car seat, but the guide will pop out easily.

If you want I can dig up the part number (I should have it -- there are two versions one for E65 and another for all others)

Thanks,
Dave
[snapback]41435[/snapback]
Thanks. The seats I have are Evenflow and they have large metal hooks on the ends of the straps, so I think they will work. As it is now, I take the seats in and out often, it is hard to get the clips onto the lower anchors. I have to do it by feel, I think the guides would make it easier to find.