E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

Changed my mind re Logic 7

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

I went back to the dealership today and spent some time fooling around with i-drive and the Logic 7 stereo. I was pleasantly surprised. In fact I really kind of liked it! I listened primarily to FM radio, as I did not have a CD with me at the time. I feel I could certainly live with this system, and could always add one of my amps and my bass box to give it a little more umph. This can be done without endangering the electronics, or so I have been told by the technicians that installed the system in my M3. As far as the other speakers go this is a no go as the crossovers are intergrated into the amp in the Logic 7.

So I am again considering this fine vehicle. Probably will wait for the 550 and do a European delivery.

It is very odd that I am really beginning to like the styling of this car. When I first saw the new 5 series I thought it was hideous. I think driving it has a way of changing the way you feel. Usually when I do not particularly like the styling of a vehicle I like it best in black as blafck hides the lines. But with the new 5 I like it best in silver, by far. Interesting.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Red face

Well, definitely get the Navigation and Comfort seats.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:55 PM
Members

The exterior took time but it did eventually grow on me. I'm still not crazy about the interior but I suspect that I'll adjust. I'm slated for a ED on March 23 for a 545i thanks to some awesome lease deals and airfare! I think I'll get used to the interior....
Old 03-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Contributors

It's good that you like Logic 7, but if your willing to go the route of aftermarket, that's the way to go.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

COOL! Glad it got your approval.

How did you set up the equalizer? I'm just curious... I know its different for every song, every person, every disc but just curious.
Old 03-05-2005, 12:20 AM
Senior Members

how can anyone advise someone to get sat nav, it could be the biggest waist of money for some people
Old 03-05-2005, 07:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by tonye60' date='Mar 5 2005, 04:20 AM
how can anyone advise someone to get sat nav, it could be the biggest waist of money for some people
[snapback]97481[/snapback]
If you are doing a ED and do any amount of traveling IMO its one of the best options to get.It removes all the frustration from geting lost.I don't care how good of a map reader you are again IMO
cheers
vern
Old 03-05-2005, 07:50 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by tonye60' date='Mar 5 2005, 01:20 AM
[snapback]97481[/snapback]
In the US, nav comes with voice command, which is wonderful. If you could get voice command without nav, I probably wouldn't have gotten nav, since I hardly used it on my 740i, but voice command is very slick, so I got nav.
Old 03-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

I will definitely get Navigation as I am directionally challenged. It would be worth it just for the trip, I would think.

I'm really curious about the comfort seats. I know that in my 01 5 series, and in my M3, my back gets sore after an hour or so of driving. I sat in the comfort seat of a X5 4.6, and liked it. But I also like the sports seat in the 545, and think this may be helpful as it has greater leg extension (support), and I am 6'4". Any thoughts?
Old 03-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

I will definitely get Navigation as I am directionally challenged. It would be worth it just for the trip, I would think.

I'm really curious about the comfort seats. I know that in my 01 5 series, and in my M3, my back gets sore after an hour or so of driving. I sat in the comfort seat of a X5 4.6, and liked it. But I also like the sports seat in the 545, and think this may be helpful as it has greater leg extension (support), and I am 6'4". Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Changed my mind re Logic 7