E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CD Tags

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 10:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never been able to display the track name as a CD is played, only track 01 etc. Is this a software or hardware issue?
Old 01-26-2006, 11:20 PM
Contributors

If you are using purchased CD's, there are only a couple of companies that put the CD text on the CD. If you make your own CD's then you need to make sure the software and burner support CD text. These days almost all support it. Lastly, only the CD drive supports the CD text not the CD Changer.

Hope that answers it.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:26 AM
Senior Members

My in-dash DVD-unit does not show CD-Text. I don't know the reason, but it does not.
Old 01-27-2006, 01:43 AM
EMF
Members

My Ride: I have a Metallic Silver 2002 3 series 318 coupe E46 with alot of extras. I have just got a 5Series E60 525d which is Carbon Black Metallic, Black Sport Dakota Leather, Automatic Transmission, Alarm System, M Sports Package, Velour Floor Mats, Anti Dazzle Rear View Mirror, Park Distance Control, Cruise Control, Professional Navigation System, BMW Assist, Bluetooth Interface, 6 CD Changer, M Rear Spoiler, Individual Sun Protetion Glazing, sliding armrest, keyless entry, Mtech 18inch rims, Sports Suspension, Multifuntional Steering Wheel, Rain Sensor & Automatic driving lihts, Electric Seats, Run Flat tyres, Privacy Glass, etc.....

Hi there, I am also experiencing the same problem with my 5 series, infact i realised about this when a friend of mine played a cd of his in my car and the cd name and also the track name where displayed. For some reason that is the only cd that works with that function. So I came to the conclusion that it all depends on the recording of the cd.

Does anyone know how to play dvd's in the car. I have a dvd slot but apparently that is only for the navigation system, is there some way in using it to watch normal dvd's??????

Originally Posted by mountainboy' post='230379' date='Jan 27 2006, 02:33 AM
I've never been able to display the track name as a CD is played, only track 01 etc. Is this a software or hardware issue?
Old 01-27-2006, 06:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by kigerka' post='230387' date='Jan 27 2006, 08:20 AM
If you are using purchased CD's, there are only a couple of companies that put the CD text on the CD. If you make your own CD's then you need to make sure the software and burner support CD text. These days almost all support it. Lastly, only the CD drive supports the CD text not the CD Changer.

Hope that answers it.

thanks will try itunes out.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:25 PM
Contributors

iTunes does not support CD Text. Try Nero Rom from www.ahead.de
Old 01-27-2006, 01:27 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kigerka' post='230619' date='Jan 27 2006, 01:25 PM
Wrong
Old 01-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alec' post='230667
Wrong
[/quote]

If you are creating an mp3 CD you are correct becuase it is basically a data CD. However, if you are burning an audio cd it currently does not support CD text. The topic did not specify .mp3.
Old 01-27-2006, 11:49 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kigerka' post='230853
Originally Posted by kigerka' post='230619' date='Jan 27 2006, 01:25 PM
Wrong
If you are creating an mp3 CD you are correct becuase it is basically a data CD. However, if you are burning an audio cd it currently does not support CD text. The topic did not specify .mp3.
[/quote]

What about Roxio Toast?
Old 01-28-2006, 12:35 AM
Members

Hi,

I have been using CD text labels for ages, using Nero. Basically, you have to make sure that the songs (on your computer) have an artist name associated with it. This is normally already the case when using MP3 files. If you are ripping a pre-bought CD, then you need to manually add names when you have saved them onto your computer, by first changing the name from Track 1, Track 2, etc to Name of the Song, and by using Nero>Properties.

Next, you must, no matter which writer software you are using, enable 'Disc-At-Once'.

Then enable CD Text on your writer software.

Then, Burn Baby Burn!!!

You can get more onfo and a step by step guide for Nero (icluding CD Text) here.
http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/Tutorial_Audio.html

No doubt, other writer vendors will have guides on their sites.

Quick Reply: CD Tags