E60 Discussion Anything and everything to do with the E60 5 Series. All are welcome!

CCC Software update -> Possible CCC malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:57 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E61 525dA

Originally Posted by mat xxl' post='757958' date='Jan 2 2009, 11:38 PM
I can also confirm like Levci from Slovenia, that in Slovenia and also in europe complete upgrade (about 25 modules) costs in complete aprox. 100 eur
BUT!!
Here in Slovenia they also warn for the CCC break down (it is on your risk) They wanted to change my navi monitor (they said it is too old for new software??)

Damn it is hard to find a good dealer
Old 01-12-2009, 08:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 530d Executive, all options except sunroof and comfort seats ECU remapped by ZipTuning to 260+bhp.

Just a little update on this thread.

Brought my car in today to have an iPod interface installed and update the iDrive to the latest version.
However, last wednesday i had my car tuned (ECU remap) and the installer warned me that updating the software with the remap in place could break my CCC.
Although i thought this would be HIGHLY unlikely, i called my tuner (ZipTuning) to ask about updating the software.
They assured me that nothing could go wrong, other than the tuned software would be overwritten (they'll place it back for a small charge).

So i called my installer back and said that he could update it anyway, as an ECU remap couldn't interfere with updating the CCC.
They'll be doing it tonight and i'll be getting the car back tomorrow, hopefully with a working updated CCC.

Anyone has any experience with this? Can i prepare to buy a new CCC tomorrow or are they just scaring me off?
Old 01-13-2009, 05:37 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by OverSoft' post='765840' date='Jan 12 2009, 12:50 PM
Brought my car in today to have an iPod interface installed and update the iDrive to the latest version.
However, last wednesday i had my car tuned (ECU remap) and the installer warned me that updating the software with the remap in place could break my CCC.
Although i thought this would be HIGHLY unlikely, i called my tuner (ZipTuning) to ask about updating the software.
They assured me that nothing could go wrong, other than the tuned software would be overwritten (they'll place it back for a small charge).

So i called my installer back and said that he could update it anyway, as an ECU remap couldn't interfere with updating the CCC.
They'll be doing it tonight and i'll be getting the car back tomorrow, hopefully with a working updated CCC.

Anyone has any experience with this? Can i prepare to buy a new CCC tomorrow or are they just scaring me off?
What confuses me is why you would remap the ECU when you knew you were going to update Progman (not iDrive) to the latest version.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:10 AM
Contributors

Just booked my 2004 545i with CCC/Navi Pro and original software in for an upgrade and MP3 retrofit. They quoted me 180 euros (about average compared to the prices before me in the thread). They said they didn't know if MP3 was possible, so I'll take that SIP PDF thing printed out with me when I take it in Wednesday next week. They want to keep it overnight and said it'd be hooked up to the machine that upgrades it for a good 4 to 5 hours. Only after the upgrade can they ask the computer if it's possible (this is what they said).

btw, no malfunction warnings were given.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 530d Executive, all options except sunroof and comfort seats ECU remapped by ZipTuning to 260+bhp.

Originally Posted by JSpira' post='766671' date='Jan 13 2009, 03:37 PM
What confuses me is why you would remap the ECU when you knew you were going to update Progman (not iDrive) to the latest version.
I didn't know that updating the iDrive would involve updating all computers (including the ECU).
Car came back today, no problems whatsoever (apart from my iPhone still not detecting the car's bluetooth).

The tuning is placed back next week.