5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   E60 Discussion (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/)
-   -   CCC Nav positioning problem (https://5series.net/forums/e60-discussion-2/ccc-nav-positioning-problem-142538/)

KyleB 07-16-2015 04:59 PM

CCC Nav positioning problem

So my CID is basically showing my position about 200ft too far to the south, and when I drive my nav screen insists I am going backward, even though I am most definitely driving forward. This just started two days ago. I tried the CCC reboot, nothing. I am thinking (hoping) that my GPS antenna lost its bearing and I just need to take the car out to a nice open area and let the satellites find me again. All other functions in CCC are working fine, so I don't think it's a failed CCC or TCU.

Anyone else had a similar problem? Search didn't find much.

sanjsanj 07-17-2015 01:21 AM

There's also a gyroscope in the CCC, do a 360 and see if it turns accordingly

Also unlock the CCC secret menu and it shows you how many satellites the gps can see

KyleB 07-17-2015 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by sanjsanj (Post 1566221)
There's also a gyroscope in the CCC, do a 360 and see if it turns accordingly

Also unlock the CCC secret menu and it shows you how many satellites the gps can see

yep, it's rotating correctly. this weekend I'm going to take the car to a big empty parking lot and put CCC in service mode to see if the satellites are picking up the car. i suspect that's what the problem is.

sanjsanj 07-17-2015 05:42 PM

that's a cheap fix, get an aftermarket fakra gps aerial, plug in, job done. Costs £5 here

KyleB 07-17-2015 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by sanjsanj (Post 1566256)
that's a cheap fix, get an aftermarket fakra gps aerial, plug in, job done. Costs £5 here

yea? If it comes down to that I'll look into it. thanks for the tip!

KyleB 07-24-2015 02:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
put CCC in service mode. I am seeing the following, and basically need someone to confirm what I suspect. I suspect the GPS portion of my antenna is not sending any data to the CCC drive:

Attachment 153511

What is odd is that even though everything is zeroed out, that IS my actual location. My problem is that as I drive, the CID is showing me travelling in reverse and about 200 yards off of where I am. I took that picture from a large open parking lot, where I drove in circles trying to get the satellites to position the car.

I took this picture, correct me if I'm wrong but this is telling me that my antenna is seeing 8 satellites, which is what it should see:

Attachment 153512

Gyroscope working OK:

Attachment 153513

So I'm sort of stumped. I still suspect a bad antenna. all other antenna functions are fine (SIRIUS, etc). I think the GPS portion of the antenna took a dive for some reason. This all happened after I installed an M5 idrive knob, so naturally it is totally the knobs fault.

GREATLY appreciate any input.

KyleB 07-30-2015 02:09 PM

****update*****

drove around town for 50-60 miles with clear skies overhead, apparently the issue has resolved itself. GPS antenna must have 'lost' its location somehow. the 'circles in a parking lot' did nothing, but normal driving did. if anyone experiences this, try putting some mileage on the car and see what happens before you start replacing antenna components.

ranger530i 07-31-2015 12:29 AM

Hey man having the same issues with my CIC unit it will work great one moment but if i make a turn somewhere in the boondocks it just throws me offroading lol sometimes it finds itself sometimes it doesnt im assuming its due to lack of satellites?